Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl in January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@foxtrotzulu, it was a bit of a faff, back in, early dinner then out again. Half of the party just went to the top of the hill for the show, which is actually pretty good, me 2 junior Ansta1's and the Bil went for a ski.

Aside from the skiing at night bit, the best and worst bits were

Best - Nobody else on the slopes for 3 or 4 runs as they were all soaking up the atmosphere up top so You could pretty much hammer it from top to bottom without stopping.
Worst - realised that my fitness/technique has gone way down and struggled to keep up with the girls and Bil at times.

We did stop and watch some of the 'ski instructors display' that had some pretty could bits (carving on stilts, carving a full circle on the slop and some jumps and the like).

IIRC it's an 8km run from the top back down to the town, nothing difficult so you really can let the skis run a bit.

And of course back in the Bar afterwards for a warmer uppper
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with my son last year and stayed at the Lohmann. Not as grand as the Crystal but more than adequate for us - also there is free beer wine and soft drinks with the evening meal. They also have their own Skiwear and ski-hire shop. I booked in advance and saved 20% off the normal price of equipment hire. Now I always check the ski-hire shops online and look for discounts for advance booking. I always get lift passes at the resort unless the TO has a good deal like 2 for 1 passes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you go , make sure to report back on the cool, new snow making machines.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks again to all the OberG regulars that helped last year. We liked it so much we're going back this coming January from 15th to 24th. Anyone else out there then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
May well be
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We are switching from France to Austria, just to have a break from apartment living, Robboj, did you like the hotel, and are you going back to the same one?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skilegs, let us know if you do?

@Kiters, Not to the same one. Wouldn't recommend although others have found it good? This thread explains http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117399&highlight=

We are going to the Hotel Bergwelt which was original first choice last year but wasn't available by the time we booked.

The resort itself has good points and bad, most of which you'll find discussed in the thread above or in others if you do a forum search. The main appeal to go back is the snow quality.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@robboj, thanks vm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy