Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The loss of another Good Friend - Andreas Fransson

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sad times. I didn't know much about Andreas but really loved watching JP in ski films.

That JP street segment had a really wide appeal and was popular amongst lots of my non-skiing friends - he did a lot to popularise skiing (amongst people I know at least).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

we have again been reminded to seize the moment and live it

but also that those who take things to the limit, no matter how awesome their skills and strength, can wind up with fewer moments to seize than others. The attrition rate amongst extreme skiers and boarders (including those who keep pushing the limits in freestyle) seems to be tragically high.

How terrible for those film-makers, aware of what had happened but unable to do anything about it.

RIP. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Such sad news, there seem to be too many tragedies lately. Thoughts and prayers to the families.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So tragic after his friend Magnus Kastengren died when they were climbing Mt Cook last November. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

we have again been reminded to seize the moment and live it

but also that those who take things to the limit, no matter how awesome their skills and strength, can wind up with fewer moments to seize than others. The attrition rate amongst extreme skiers and boarders (including those who keep pushing the limits in freestyle) seems to be tragically high.

In fairness, there's nothing to suggest it was pushing the limits here that killed them - it was a simple avalanche situation, could have happened in any colouir, unless you count skiing colouirs as pushing the limits (which would be quite reasonable tbh). There may even be an argument that the steeper the colouir the less likely it is to avalanche.

But I agree with you that the attrition rate among top level extreme skiers is unbelievably high. My interest in this sport can basically be traced by watching ski films and reading blogs and then unfortunately learning of the deaths of the main protaganists - Doug Coombs, Shane McConkey, JP, Andreas, Remi Lecluse.

I suppose you can justify it by saying most people on here only ski for a week or two a year, apart from the seasonaires. People like JP and Andreas probably ski around ten months of the year, and spend most of the time out in extreme terrain. They get so much more enjoyment but also so much more risk.

But I'm not sure you can really justify it, or at least I can't.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy