Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quietest week in VT january?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any idea which will be the quietest week in VT in January?

Thanks in advance of any advice. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about VT specifically, but overall the first full week seems quietest (and cheapest!) to me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will the 3V not be full of Russians until the 9th or so?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ The cramps: Ive been Val Thorens twice and both times have been for the same week in January.
We always go snowboarding every year for my birthday (being January 05th) so which ever saturday that week is in, thats
When we fly out for the week.

The week around Jan 05th anywere you go (including both times at Val Tho) were superbly quiet with practiclly empty slopes! I genuinly had one run from top to bottom to ourselves on one day and with our 3 valleys pass (definately recommended) we ventured over to Les Menuires and on that day we had 2 runs from top to bottom again all to our ourselves. I doubt very much you will be queing up at all around thisnweek and the following week for the aforementioned reasons (AND) the fact that the peak xmas and newyear dates are out the way, and all those schmuks with all their kids hav gone back home so its awsome!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica, that's what I thought, isn't it orthodox something or other till then?

Si_Dean, ta, we always do full area pass, we like to get over to la Tania for lunch.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Tania..... Wow! If youre staying in Val Tho then that is one of hell of a diastamce to travel!
Are you on the slope for the first chair up in the morning haha!

Im a seasoned snowboarder so i could get down to La Tania
And back in a day, but other members in our party arent as
Fast as me so i know in a group theres no way we'd ever make it there
And back in time haha!

I would also like to mention that in addition to my previous post, not only
Is the werk around the January 05th (and the following week) quiet
In most resorts..... ITS ALL THE CHEAPEST time to go aswell for accomodation
, flights, and sometimes you get deals on lift passes aswell
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pedantica, Rumour has it there won't be as many Russians in Courchevel this year.
We were talking to a mountain guide in Pralognan in August who also ski guides in the 3 valleys in Winter and they were expecting a big drop in numbers of Russian visitors this year. Apparently St Tropez suffered from a drop in Russian visitors this Summer and they are expecting the trend to continue into Winter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Si_Dean,

From Val T to La Tania is possible in 6 lift rides (& 4 runs), so is easily doable for lunch. Each lift ride probably averages about 5 minutes, so leaving Val T at 9.00 am would give you plenty of time for each run (& one of them is a 3 minute run...) to get you to La Tania for 12 noon. In effect, taking account of the 3 minute run, you'd have about 50 minutes for each of the other 3 runs...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you could probably stop at bouc blanc for lunch rather than dropping all the way into la tania, it would save time on the way back up.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would try and swerve it around the middle of January as its full of University ski trips. I drove my daughter over from Switzerland last year (made her get the train back though.....never again) for her Uni trip and have never seen anything like it. Might be worth checking other times out as most of the universities seem to use VT now. Daughters Uni alone had about 12 coaches and they weren't the only ones.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swissie, thanks for that, we will check that out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy