Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski carriage easy jet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry if this has been done a thousand times before. Can you use a ski bag for your baggage allowance i.e take a ski bag instead of a normal bag. Just sorting out trip to Hintertux in October

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you mean putting your skis and clothes in one bag and paying the 'sports equipment supplement ? -- I'd like to know the answer to this as well !!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
try their website for answers http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports-equipment http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage but it does not quite clarify your question. Unfortunately there is often ambiguity with T&C's which their customer services are unlikely to give a consistent definitive answer. After you add bags/ski carriage the budget airlines don't always work out cheaper.

In theory if you pay for a hold bag £15 each way you have an allowance of 20 kg & providing "Each individual item of hold luggage should not exceed total dimensions of 275cm (length + width + height)" which should not be too difficult if you can make do with 20 kg...the length of skis would make them outsize baggage with most airlines...... but I expect you may have an argument at check-in as small sports equipment carriage is £30 each way for 20 kg. However it is clear that if you pay for a hold bag + small sports equipment =£45 each way you can take a total of 40 kg with a maximum of 32 kg for any bag.

albob, I suspect that would be OK as it does not specify you can not....only that it says "must be genuine sports equipment".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe there is a 20k weight limit on a ski bag (booked one yesterday) so you can put other stuff in up to that limit. Past experience suggests that they don't ask you and don't require you to show it's only got skis in it. We have managed to fit in one bag 2 pairs of skis, poles, a helmet, and things like ski trousers etc. and made it to under the 20k limit. I find, with some careful packing, I can get boots and other stuff into a cabin bag if you're going on a short break.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If skis are allowed as a normal bag, there's a pricing anomaly because skis are £30 and a normal bag is £13 on my flight...

However, I saw a comment on another forum where the poster pasted a reply they'd had from Easyjet confirming that as long as the ski bag met the normal 20kg/275cm requirements, it would be allowed. http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/mobile/forum/easyjet-snowboard-gear-in-standard-hold-baggage-allowance-of-20kg-instead-of/threadid/39725/showthread.aspx

I'm asking the same Q myself of easyjet, so will let you know the answer. The Flexi fares that I use have a free bag included so I'm keen to be able to make that a ski bag if possible!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unsurprisingly, Easyjet have replied to me that "regardless of fitting within the limits of our hold luggage requirement, all sports equipment must be booked separately and paid for as sports equipment".

I shall continue to hide my kids skis within an enormous duffel bag and hope they continue not to notice...

Meanwhile, I shall pack all my clothes and a long piece of 2x4 in a ski bag just to annoy them Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi

Please note that under your insurance if a single ski bag gets lost you are insured for 1 pair of skis and poles (not sure about boots) and that's it no ski clothes or second pair of skis. If you are taking 2 pairs best to let your insurance company know. They will not cover you for what ever else you cram in there.

As a transfer driver it is really annoying when a client who has told us he has a ski bag arrives with a bag either:-

a) Stiffed to the gunnels so it won't fit under the back seats or even comfortably on the diagonal.

b) Those really annoying hard ski cases which are about 185 cm long that don't fit anywhere and are only carried by ahem gentlemen of a certain age.

Sorry rant over.

Andy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowdave, Laughing
Easyjet changed their sports equipment policy, before they helped to clarify their rules with diagrams but now their T&Cs leave room for different interpretations. They need to think it through again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anderoo - Can you point to which insurers have such an exclusion so I can avoid them?

I'm currently with AXA who have no such exclusions, just a £3k total claim limit and £500 item limit. No per bag limits, no mention of the type of bag, or what can be packed with what...

lechjohn - yes, interesting how loose their ts & cs are in a legal sense! Then again, I'm doing so well on my flights with them that I might let them sting me for £30 Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
anderoo wrote:
b) Those really annoying hard ski cases which are about 185 cm long that don't fit anywhere and are only carried by ahem gentlemen of a certain age.
Sorry rant over.
Andy

Rant on. Don't join the Navy & complain about the sea whippersnapper.....I am a (gentle)man of a certain age. I use a hard ski case as the transatlantic carrier I use specify this, otherwise they won't compensated you for any damage & you have sign a damage liability waiver. So don't take out your frustrations on my ski case.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy