Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen in late March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

First of all, sorry if I missed any threads which already deal with this, but I did have a look and couldn't see any. I've also found it hard getting information with Google searches.

My question is what conditions will be like in Mayrhofen and the Zell am Ziller in mid to late March (planning a trip from the 14-21 next year). I know that of course conditions can't be guaranteed, but I'm just wondering in general what can be expected in the way of snow generally.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In general they are normally pretty good. As you say you can't guarantee anything, however I would not be concerned about booking that week. Worst case you can get up to hintertux pretty easily, although I doubt you'd need to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welcome to sH.

spent a week there at that time once, and had knee deep snow down in the valley at 600m, with the ploughs going all night long.
was there last yr for 2 weekends... roasting temperatures and slush in January, and superb fresh powder in March (weekend of 22nd/23rd).

it'll be fine. lifts don't close until a few weeks later, and that's not due to the lack of snow.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah that's great, cheers guys. Like you say, I figure I can always just head up the glacier if there is a problem.

Thanks!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lermontov,
We were there a week later in about 2009. It snowed most evenings on the mountain. First time I ever tried skiing in powder. It will most likely be lovely.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seriously, you searched and didn't find the dozen or more threads on this topic Smile

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=easter#2124833
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there second (long) weekend of March this year; it was quite warm and snow was very iffy (snow cover down to resort level only in two places, and only because of snowmaking). We ended up spending most of our time on the glacier at Hintertux. But apparently we were a bit unlucky this year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done the same week 3 out of the last five years and had enough snow. Don't stick to Penken be prepared to travel to Zell, Kaltenbach etc. Use of train is included with ski pass. You should find plenty to satisfy you but do your home work well in advance about how to get around using the train and buses. e.g. use the Horberg lift to avoid the Penken Bahn lift queue. If you need more advice pm me.
Regards Kevin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I been SnowBombing 2008 and 2013 and i've booked again for 2015
Its been great with it being so high up.
no snow in resort but as soon as you get up there its great, especially after a dump
Enjoy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes. We did the Snowbombing thing (first week of April) a few years ago and the snow was great for the time of year. Definitely freeze/thaw and soft in the afternoons, but with plenty of terrain you will not be short of places to ski. You need to use the transport links to get the best out of it. Great place to holiday.

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy