Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Muvi HD10 - thoughts please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Deal on sportpursuit at the moment.

Views, experience versus GoPro who seem to be the market leaders. Looks quite big and limited life but any other things I should know e.g. quality of helmet mount.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Walk away lots of sh go pros 3, 3+ going to be hitting market when 4 arrives.

Having said that the video quality will be okay for most things but it will not be go pro quality.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
GoPro delivers the best quality, although arguably most people don't need it. I would look at user-generated footage, preferably of the sort of stuff you intend to shoot, and if you think the quality's up to it, then you could perhaps save yourself some money.

I have used GoPros and a couple of other cameras to date, and the GoPro is the only one I'd use again.

I will take a look at the Sony HDR-AV1 when it ships in a week or two. I'd like a GoPro with 4k, but there's only rumour on that so far. If you're thinking of buying a sub £100 camera, then the chances are that your computer/ memory aren't good enough to deal with the higher end cameras. In my opinion the most important thing is the image quality, nothing much else matters. But it only needs to be good enough for your intended purpose.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just posted a video from my trackday, the forward facing camera is a Drift Ghost, the rearward facing camera was a GoPro Hero3. I've had more than one comment that the image quality of the front facing camera (Drift) was better than the other.

Irrespective of the image quality (they are all pretty damned good), I find the GoPro is one of the least useable interfaces I've come across in recent hardware development, and MUCH prefer the Drift's interface and features, and overall useability.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another hat-in-the-ring is that Contour have just released the new Roam3 for £189. It fairs pretty well against the mid range GoPro offerings, So unless you want super slo-mo or really want to shoot 4k its an option with the benefit of you not needing any additional protection case for the cam in water (to 10m) or snow. Plus the form factor is better and the camera can rotate within its housing so you can adjust the filming angle without a complex mounting.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i just bought the SJCAM SJ4000 Wifi for £65. check out Techmoan for a review but be careful where you buty it from. Not as good as a GoPro but will be fine for what i need it for.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy