Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Excellent (IMO) BA flight and car deals to Geneva from London this winter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure you guys are good at spotting deals, but just in case I thought I'd highlight it.

A number of weeks age we got a good deal on BA flights from Gatwick to Geneva + car hire for 8 days in January (circa £200 each) and tonight I have just booked an ever cheaper deal for March 7th for a week. Numerous flight options which include a number of Heathrow flights as well. 23kg luggage included, not investigated ski carriage as we don't own our own skis.

This coupled with finding cheap digs via Pierre & Vacances means we have a week in Valmeinier including ski passes for £500 each.

So far BA have beaten Easyjet and Swiss, though I didn't check any of the charter companies.

These prices have allowed us to have our first winter of 2 ski trips and and awesome 15 days skiing!

OK, P&V rabbit hutches may not be for everyone, but as a couple we are happy to have a small space and single sofas to sleep on as well as have the freedom to cook our own food.

Hope this can be helpful to other snowheads looking to maximise their time on the slopes from a finite money supply!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roguemazza, I've just been looking at flights to Geneva in the next few weeks. EasyJet considerably cheaper than BA - their prices vary a good deal but I can be flexible and choose cheap times. None of the BA flights were as cheap as easyJet's cheapest, though easyJet also had some of the highest prices.

I hope you enjoy your two trips. £500 sounds good! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi pam w,

Your situation shows that is always pays to check all the options first!

Both times when I was looking I went for Easyjet first then thought let's check out BA and Swiss and got a surprise.

And yip, around £500 each for flights, car, accomm and lift pass is great. Really looking forward to trying out a lesser known (to Brit tour operators) French resort, I believe it has little après, but to be honest our après is a few drinks in the apartment, cooking dinner and planning where we go the next day! Also looking forward to practising my improving French, this summer in Venosc the locals were great, answering our French with French and also pointing out where we had gone wrong. So much better than the very rude lady in La Plagne last winter who asked me not to try out my bad french on her?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roguemazza, Just for future reference, if you do get your own skis, with BA your 23kg checked bag can be a big, wheeled ski bag in which you can fit skis and all you need for your ski trip (especially as you also have 23kg for your carry on baggage). You then don't need to pay for separate ski carriage.
Enjoy your trips!
snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy