Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia - Where best to stay?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone! Grey dreich day here. Yay! It'll soon be snowing & here's hoping for another great winter in Scotland. I luckily live within striking distance of all of them except Aonoch Mor. Some fabulous days at Glenshee & Glencoe last year....
Looking for some advice please. Going to Italy for first time in years skiing this winter. Flights to Milan Malpensa & thought Cervinia looked like good poss option.
Been offered a few apartments but was looking for some advice re location. Cielo Alto. Is it a bit of a hike from there to get anywhere? Also any tips from anyone that's been to Cervinia? Grazie 😊Fiona
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cielo Alto is a 'satellite' ( = hike ) area of Cervinia, a 70's concrete building more often seen in France than Italy. Should say I havent stayed there tho'.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just booked somewhere there, but haven't been yet. It seems a lot of places in the town are walk to the lifts, and there doesn't appear to be a great ski bus system (from experience in Italy, they are VERY laissez faire, or whatever the Italian for laissez faire is).

In the end I looked at google maps and pulled up the given places to see how far they were.

I could be wrong on all of the above.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
malarkey99, I stayed there a number of years ago with Crystal and it was overdue for refurbishment, there was a local bus sevice that went past it but stopped in the evening. albob, is right it is a hike uphill and not sure if there were any taxis.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The hotels in the centre of town are convenient for the two chair lifts which do link to the rest of the area (although it is a bit convoluted). There are also a few hotels near to the Plan Maison lifts but these are an uphill (and up steps) walk back from the centre of town and lack the charm and doorstep amenities of the town centre hotels. You'll probably need to negotiate steps to get to and from the Plan Maison lifts too. Cielo Alto is not worth the bother, it's an ugly concrete complex with one lift that doesn't easily connect to the rest of the ski area.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you everyone. I thought alto looked out of the way a bit. Have been offered a few apartments in the Giomein building which may be ok plus another claiming to be at the bottom of the Ventina piste. Any other Cervinia tips?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
malarkey99, bottom of the Ventina piste should have reasonably good access to the Plan Maison lifts.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Hermitage used to be good....but that was a while ago
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.lesneigesdantan.it/en

A wonderful hotel , just outside Cervina . The food is excellent and the wine cellar matches it , it's not ski in ski out but the hotel has a fleet of Land Rover defenders to taxi you to and from the lifts and piste . Very cool .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Am sure hotel lovely but appears no availability for my dates. Feb half term unfortunately.
Think might go with apartment at ventina piste if still available. It ticks most of the boxes although living area looks quite cramped. Close 2 piste is definite bonus as not a fan of lugging my skis about or stumbling around in my boots!!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed here with my wife and [then] 10 year old son last year: http://www.matterhorn.it

We liked it but had not been to Cervinia before so nothing to compare it to.

They had a shuttle van that ran you back and forth to the lift, but it was not that far to walk.

greg
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used Hotel Breuil last season - going back this winter (different operator, for less than we paid last year).

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187864-d500691-Reviews-Hotel_Breuil-Breuil_Cervinia_Valle_d_Aosta.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Mon Reve is a fab hotel, ski in and out and great value. Phone for availability.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hotel Compagnoni v nice too, they only do b&b though.there are cheapish places to eat out though eg Linos
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Depends a lot what you're after, will you have a hire car? We stayed in this place last Easter (basic but certainly has character):

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p6686541

It's in a little hamlet, a short walk from the red piste 1 back to Val Tournenche, so almost ski-in ski-out. But, you do need a car for access, as it's completely isolated from any shops/restaurants. From the gondola in Val Tournenche you can link into the whole Cervinia ski area, and it has the plus side that if the weather comes in it's often open when the higher pistes at Cervinia are shut.[/url]
latest report
Yes I looked at Valtournenche one time before for a larger group as it was the only self catering place I could find for 10+, but I think I've narrowed it down to 3 or 4 apartments in Breuil itself near cable car that look ok so just waiting to hear which ones are still available. Prices do vary it has to be said & as usual is immensely irritating to pay over inflated prices for half term. I am Scottish after all!
Been watching some guy on YouTube zooming down the Ventina piste on the telly with my 2 teenage sons to get us in the mood.....yes we are very sad!!!
Wishing today's torrential rain would turn to snow...
snow conditions
malarkey99 wrote:
Hi everyone! Grey dreich day here. Yay! It'll soon be snowing & here's hoping for another great winter in Scotland. I luckily live within striking distance of all of them except Aonoch Mor. Some fabulous days at Glenshee & Glencoe last year....
Looking for some advice please. Going to Italy for first time in years skiing this winter. Flights to Milan Malpensa & thought Cervinia looked like good poss option.
Been offered a few apartments but was looking for some advice re location. Cielo Alto. Is it a bit of a hike from there to get anywhere? Also any tips from anyone that's been to Cervinia? Grazie 😊Fiona

Can I ask where did you end up Staying? I'm having the same dilemma as you in terms of only being able to find apartments I these apartment blocks. Do you have any details for apartments closer to the town centre? Cheers!
snow report
I stayed in the St Theodule condo through Immobiliare La Tour. It was a great location for skiing. It is right beside the gondola so you walk for hundred metres to that & off you go & you could ski back to the door off the Ventina run. It's not right in the town centre but you could walk down in 5 mins. I'd stay there again if I went back. Cervinia was a great half term choice too. No queues. Am already looking at Italy again for next year!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy