Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That warm feeling of buying the season pass...

Poster: A snowHead
HammondR wrote:
(or new SLAP rotator cuff tear) get worse.

S.L.A.P.? Ski Libre Arrière Pays?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Samerberg Sue,
The Halifax Clarity MasterCard is worth having a look at. They seem to offer the best rates on foreign transactions and there are no fees for using it abroad.

We've had one for a couple of years and it consistently beats other exchange rates (usually by at least €0.02) to the £. You can currently get €1.348 to the £ on the card at the moment (approx €0.02 higher than the Post Office & M & S), making the Tirol Snow Card an absolute bargain.

We use the card for as many transactions as possible abroad and are quids in after 2 years.

Oh, and returning to topic(!), we used the card to buy our first ever season passes for Summit County, Colorado - a real bargain at £380 pp and covering Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, Keystone and 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek. We are heading there in Feb for 24 nights Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergmeister wrote:
@Samerberg Sue,
The Halifax Clarity Mastercard is worth having a look at. They seem to offer the best rates on foreign transactions and there are no fees for using it abroad.

We've had one for a couple of years and it consistently beats other exchange rates (usually by at least €0.02) to the £. You can currently get €1.348 to the £ on the card at the moment (approx €0.02 higher than the Post Office & M & S), making the Tirol Snow Card an absolute bargain this year at £547. We paid about £575 each last year for our Tirol Snowcards in view of the poorer exchange rate then.

We use the Mastercard for as many transactions as possible abroad and are quids in after 2 years.

Oh, and returning to topic(!), we used the card to buy our first ever season passes for Summit County, Colorado - a real bargain at £380 pp and covering Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, Keystone and 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek. We are heading there in Feb for 24 nights Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bergmeister, I live in Germany and cannot get any kind of credit card etc any more from the UK. I have a UK bank that I would love to change but cannot due to the regulations bought in to combat money laundering and/or terrorism. I keep my UK bank as my pension is paid into it, otherwise I'd have cut my ties many years ago!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apparently I have a season pass for winter park, I wonder if there is any resale possible when I get back to the UK???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just been into Les Saisies to buy mine. Also ordered a new dishwasher. So an expensive morning!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
....the whole of Salzburgerland, plus Kitzbühel and the Schneewinkel corner of Bavaria for the ridiculous sum of 593 Euro
593 Shocked?! Robbery!! My Weardale (England's beautiful North Pennines) season pass has just arrived.....it's gone up to £38 this year.

As the poster in the (ahem) Daylodge says, 'A season's skiing for less than the price of a day in Courchevel' Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, got my Paradiski pass last night, with far less hassle than usual.
Previously started at the Edenski site, and always seemed to be sent on a long stressful run-around (especially when sorting pass out on last day of November . . . rolling eyes )
But this year started on the skipass-laplagne site and it all went surprisingly easy.
Now just waiting for it arrive . . .

For Davidof: SLAP lesion
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
HammondR wrote:
No warm feeling here. Just like last year, very concerned in case my dodgy knee/ankle/back (or new SLAP rotator cuff tear) get worse. A season pass and 4 months rent is a big investment. Still, no point waiting' till I'm even older.

You're falling to bits old man Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No warm feeling here either.....not paying for lift passes prevents this wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
....the whole of Salzburgerland, plus Kitzbühel and the Schneewinkel corner of Bavaria for the ridiculous sum of 593 Euro
593 Shocked?! Robbery!! My Weardale (England's beautiful North Pennines) season pass has just arrived.....it's gone up to £38 this year.

As the poster in the (ahem) Daylodge says, 'A season's skiing for less than the price of a day in Courchevel' Laughing Laughing Laughing

I suspect if you calculated the price per Metre skied Weardale wouldn't be cheap😜
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another of my infamous misguided attempts at humour jbob!! AND on the Weardale website it says 'unlimited off piste' too wink.

And no expensive flights to get there either Laughing.

Of course it will never replace the Alps but there's something fantastic about skiing proper snow (albeit not too frequently or totally reliably) an hour from home in England Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've potentially got 18 days' skiing this season. I think that makes buying a season pass marginally cheaper than individual passes.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@queen bodecia, Very Happy I've got 21 or 22 in Flachau so definitely worth it for me. Order early for the discount. You have to pay an invoice and I could only see to do that with a bank transfer - if so I can do that from my austrian account if you like
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The 3V season pass is 1240 euros this year. Not something I get a warm feeling about buying after I've broken into my piggy bank to pay for it.
latest report
@mountainaddict,
Quote:

but there's something fantastic about skiing proper snow (albeit not too frequently or totally reliably) an hour from home

Actually the Tirol is just over 2 kms away from my home and the nearest decent resort maybe 35 minutes drive! wink But it is more reliable than the Upper Wear valley!
latest report
Pamski wrote:
@sarah, and your son going into school again?

Oooops Pam sorry, nearly missed this! No sadly not Sad He would have to go to the college this year and he doesn't fancy that. Despite being still Junior age here in the UK with a December birthday he is advanced a year in France. We keep asking him but I won't force it. We did it once which is more than most folks and I'm grateful for that Smile I think at his age we would be better to make a permanent move wink or not Sad

That said we are planning all the school holidays out there and if I am lucky I will tack on extra days myself to each trip, so it will be a lot of to-ing and fro-ing but if I plan it right I think I will get 8+ weeks snowHead

Then hopefully by the following season we will have bought out there. I am working up to retirement out there Cool

Just really need to get my contract signed now, can't rest until that's sealed!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, thanks chick, I'll look into it and let you know. I was able to buy online the last time I bought a season pass so I'll do that if I can.
ski holidays
Monte Rosa 699€
19 days to break even.... down on last year, season pass same price, dailies creeping up.....
ski holidays
Ski Amadé season pass is €519, Salzburg Superski pass is €610, so either would save me between €70 and €100 over the cost of individual passes. I think it's worth the extra £70 for the Salzburg one, just two days out of 18 in any of those ski areas would make it worth the additional cost.
snow report
@queen bodecia, we is doing Werfenweng as well Saalbach again this season! wink
ski holidays
My Paradiski pass arrived just the other day... Smile Very Happy
Didn't realise my picture was going to be on the pass tho... Should've chose a better mugshot!
snow report
@haigie, what is worse is when you go through one of the barriers that has a screen and your face sits up there in splendid horror, lines and wrinkles,well mine does, till someone else goes through with a photo on their pass.
snow report
@Pamski, merde! Embarassed
I thought it had to be quite an official passport type picture... The Mrs got away with with a cutie picture... I look like I'm being probed!
snow conditions
@Samerberg Sue, I want to go and ski with my friends in Kitzbuhel one day in March also, so definitely worth getting a Salzburg pass. wink

Werfenweng sounds interesting!
snow report
@queen bodecia, I drove up there a couple of times but it is no longer on the Ski Amadé pass so I could not ski it, looks really nice and there are some good hotels and restaurants as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy