Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That warm feeling of buying the season pass...

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Stuck in the same place all season? I think not..

You'd be surprised how very pleasant it can be, scootsman1. wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, Have the t-shirt.. wink Tis great to know a place but personally I prefer new territory each season... Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did a few seasons in Serre Che back in the 80's - great before the tourists! Now full of Crystal / Neilson etc... Sad Moved onto Niseko /Kiroro Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
scootsman1, 8 years of Super Salzburg Card.. into my 9th for this season... still not covered it all! (Bit embarrassing really!)

Ramsau am Dachstein have a little man that manages to chase every XC skier and nab €5 off of them.

Other than that the costs seem to be swallowed up by either the tourist office or the ski passes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scootsman1, just wait till us Crystal lot get to Japan.....mwa ha ha ha
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Love the area! Very Happy - visit it every year - along with the Dolomites.... as they say "Variety is the spice of" ... plus I like learning new languages. Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Ramsau am Dachstein have a little man that manages to chase every XC skier and nab €5 off of them.

Laughing is he on commission?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lol Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, when you asked whether someone was on commission, I assumed you meant scootsman1 with his adverts for the Japanese tourist board....mind you, I like Japan too. Completely different culture and never felt so safe in a large city as when in Tokyo.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
scootsman1, depends on a) what you want and b) which area pass you have! Here we have province wide season passes for Salzburgerland and Tirol, so we are not restricted to the "same place" all season.

Picking up my Salzburgerland pass this weekend I hope - the whole of Salzburgerland, plus Kitzsbühel and the Schnewinkel corner of Bavaria for the ridiculous sum of 593 Euro
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Probably!

The place is full of ex WC athletes... so probably just one of them keeping his legs warm!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue wrote:

Picking up my Salzburgerland pass this weekend I hope - the whole of Salzburgerland, plus Kitzsbühel and the Schnewinkel corner of Bavaria for the ridiculous sum of 593 Euro

It is my dream to be able to buy a season ski pass, maybe in about 8 years when we are finished funding the kids through college we will be able to do an extended stay.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2waterford, I believe it is worth it if you are staying/holidaying for 3 weeks or more in a season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scootsman1, most season passes include other resorts. I've got my Chamonix season pass again, and while I've not yet come close to even doing all of Cham, I do take advantage of the skiing in Verbier, Courmayeur, And other smaller areas covered. Plenty of variety!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For Serre Chevalier we have three days each in Alpe D'Huez, Les Deux-Alpes, Montgenevre, Sestriere and Puy-St Vincent, as well as 5 hours at the hot springs and a free summer lift pass if you buy before end of October. This year we also have two free days to give to someone who may wish to ski with us.
latest report
My passes came in the post yesterday, only 39 days to go now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@Hells Bells, mmmmmm came in the post today, and no passes for Montgenevre only Milky Way and no mention at all of Montgenevre being within the Milky Way etc you can only get the passes on the Italian side so looks like Montgenevre is no longer part of the deal Sad

What's the betting they (Serre & Montgenevre) had a fall out ?

Last season we couldn't go and use our passes there till I think it was after Xmas / New Years.

I'll call them up on Monday
snow report
@Weathercam, mine arrived a couple of days ago too. I did mention that Montgenevre was not on the list , but you did say you'd asked, so assumed it was an error. It specifically says 'hors Montgenevre' . Pain in the neck, as I quite like a day in Monty, but Sestriere it will have to be instead. I don't think we could use passes anywhere at the start of last season until after New Year.
snow report
My Super Salzburgerland pass arrived the other day Smile And my new Bent Chetlers... those buggers are huge, bring on the bottomless powder. But I actually have a fairly comprehensive quiver now, 67mm, 98mm and 120mm. Should cover most bases.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 29-11-14 21:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Was looking forward to Montgenevre this year as in the summer had scoped out routes off the back down to Cervierres which would have involved two cars etc.

We did Sestrierre and that part of the milky way a couple of times last season taking the gondola up from Cessna much easier than driving up to Sestrierre.

Last season when Serre had no snow we went to Monty with a French neighbour who went mildly ballistic when told we could not use our passes. They wanted to keep their snow for the impending busy period for people staying in Monty rather than being swamped with people from Serre.

Anyway was all a bit irrelevant as the snow started soon after
snow report
My Chamonix pass arrived yesterday.
The picture on the pass looks a bit more French gangsterish than the one I submitted but I quite like it Smile

Flying out on the 9th of January and can't wait Very Happy
ski holidays
Just bought my second season pass (for this season) today Very Happy
ski holidays
I bought the childrens Portes Du Soleil season passes two weeks ago for €107 each up - 2€ from last year, for which the nice lady apologised.
The rack price is €525 for residents, so I paid €321 for the 3 instead of €1575.00!
I still need to make the call tomorrow whether to shell out €1400 for myself and my wife.
The last few of years we have bitten the bullet, but we have already done about 10 days by this time in those years.
As you get a free PDS Day for each 200 points, and weekend passes for Chatel / Avoriaz are around €53, the 12 weekend passes = €625 + 3 free PDS days will do till the end of March.
So it's really marginal - last year we managed about 40 days, but I don't imagine hitting 40 this season unless the snowfall is exceptional over the next few weeks . The other option is to continue pay-as-you-go until the end of Jan then get a two x1/2 season pass for €375 each. The nice things with the PdS season are the flexibility go go anywhere, and the 6 days out passes for France and Switzerland, so biting the bullet would seem to make sense, but given the current lack of snow I am finding it hard to summon up the courage [ or money ] to shell out €1400.
snow report
@WindOfChange, all good info, thank you. We always have the dilemma of whether to buy the PDS season pass or to buy the Les Gets/Morzine season pass, early which seems terrific value and then upgrade when we want to do Avoriaz/Switzerland/Chatel but have never done that and end up getting the PDS season pass as it avoids faffing about. But we manage about 85 to 90 days, and reckoned that last year over half of them were in the wider PDS. We get the discount for residents and another discount for being seniors, and I reckon I put my winter fuel allowance in the UK towards mine...
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, how did you get the kids PDS passes for that price?

We bought PDS season passes via the Swiss side as they were offering a 10% early booking discount. French side weren't offering any discount.
snow report
The kids used to get free passes at the Col Du Corbier if they were at school in Le Biot, but when the Col Closed 3 years ago we went to LGT (now St Jean Station), and they had an offer for adults LGT+Rock of Hell for 160 for the season. We asked about the childern, and the woman asked if they were in a local school ( she asked if they were "au college" meaning the College Ronnie Corbett in St Jean, but without specifically naming it. The boys replied "oui - on est au college", so they did not lie, but at the same time they were not forthcoming that it was not the local college), and so she sold us Ski Club passes for them EUR100 a pop for full PDS.
Each year we go back with the old passes and ask her to renew them.
Each year she aplogises for the small price rise Very Happy
snow conditions
@WindOfChange, thanks that's interesting. We bit the bullet and bought them in advance. My son will be in school here and we had heard that he would therefore get a free local valley pass but we knew we'd want PDS passes and that we'd be here two weeks before school started anyway. Didn't know what our other options would be.
ski holidays
Maybe too late for this year, but for next year, if they are in a school in a PdS resort (Abondance, Chatel, Morzine, St Jean, Les Gets) the school sends a list to the lift pass office, so you can get the massively discounted one - no questions asked. It will probably be €110, but compared to €500 then it's a steal. If like us you have 3 kids, then this represents a huge saving Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@WindOfChange, thanks a lot. What a shame Sad I'd thought it was the free local one or nothing. Don't expect there will be any chance of a refund on the bought one, especially as we bought that over in Morgins to get a 10% early purchase discount, I might ask, they can only say no.
snow report
Just bought my pass for Les Deux Alpes for 15/16. 30% discount before 1st November. Bring it on -)
snow report
Bought my first ever last week Very Happy
latest report
3rd year, first I'll be there all winter (bar about a week) though Happy
snow report
@Claude B, Bar about a week? I'd bet that you'll spend much more time there. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@geepee, Highly likely Happy
snow report
Just bought my Tirol Snow Card using my UK Bank card and was offered the choice of paying in Euro or Sterling - so instead of paying 737 Euro I paid £557.70. Pretty good value for money all of Tirol more or less for 7.5 months really. Exchange rate was 1 Euro = 0.75 pence, so it was silly not to pay in sterling. I wonder if I'll get the same deal when I buy my Salzburg Super Ski Season ticket? Might strike while the iron is hot and get it now as well if that is the going rate Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Two whole provinces for less than a grand for nearly 3/4 of a year, pretty good VFM really snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
We've just got our family's Saint Gervais/Evasion season passes which also give us each three free days in the Chamonix valley and a slightly irrelevant free gift.

Really excited to get out there and get skiing.
snow report
Won't be buying mine until I get to resort (Arlberg), but toying around with getting the Kitzbuehler Alpen Allstar. Got a week pre season in Kaprun but also fancy a few days at some of the other resorts on the pass during the season (mainly Kitz and Saalbach) so thinking it could be worth it...
latest report
I think * I'm going to get my second ever!!! Almost signed my second season let!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
@sarah, and your son going into school again?
ski holidays
No warm feeling here. Just like last year, very concerned in case my dodgy knee/ankle/back (or new SLAP rotator cuff tear) get worse. A season pass and 4 months rent is a big investment. Still, no point waiting' till I'm even older.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy