Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for off-piste ski partners Chamonix and elsewhere Feb to April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning to be in Chamonix (and other places) from Feb 2015 through to end March mid April and am looking for people to team up with.

I ski off-piste and am into ski mountaineering. Standard moderately good; happy on any AD graded off-piste route and generally happy on D graded routes. I am male, 57 and live in the Highlands of Scotland where I get out touring whenever the conditions are good enough. This year I have purchased a motorhome and plan to park up in the Grepon car park in Chamonix but am also thinking of going elsewhere for a week here or there. If you don't mind cosy then I also have room for another in the van or I can recommend a good cheap hostel/gites (around 20 euro a night). I am an experienced alpine climber so fully competent at glacier travel and rescue. I have climbed in Chamonix a fair bit and been off-piste skiing there several times. I have all necessary equipment for glacier work (rope, harness, etc.) as well as the essentials of probe, shovel and transceiver.

Very much prefer skiing to après ski but not averse to a drink or two Laughing

Mike
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi mmm
im alone in cham (staying in montroc) from 14-22 feb. . i skied in cham a lot og did a Little touring there also.
im 45 male . if you want to ski some off-piste lines or eazy touring with mee , write mee
regards birger
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MadMountainMan,
MMM

I am in a similar boat to your good self. I am though a relative youngster (56!).

I am in Chamonix from 3rd January to the beginning of May. I do not have anything like your off piste experience. With my son I did a week off piste with UCPA last year. I am now fully equipped with transceiver, probe, shovel & know how to use them. Also equipped with touring bindings. By February I would hope to be going well.

The aim this year is to ski predominantly off piste, some short tours (to get to the skiing), & to get to a standard to combine skiing & climbing
I am a more experienced climber & alpinist than skier, & conditions willing, I am hoping to manage some modest icefall climbing & other routes.

I have a studio for the season at Les Pelerins at the Gare des Glaciers.

If this sounds potentially compatible with your plans, send me a PM or get back to me on here.

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sending a pm to both of you; birger and HammondR
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@HammondR, seems you are 'down a crevasse' not sure quite what that means but I can't pm you because of it! Anyway what I was going to say is: Definitely interested in getting together for some off-piste and maybe easy tours; sounds like our backgrounds are similar though I'm not really climbing ice any longer these days. Probably best to stay in touch and make more definite plans nearer the time. My plans are now firmed up with ferries booked for 13th Feb and returning 18th April. If you get the crevasses thing sorted we can talk more by pm maybe.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@MadMountainMan,
Thanks for the reply. I have seen the "down a crevasse" thing under my name & wondered what it was. I will sort it out!

I will be back in touch.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cool!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy