Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI and UKSS improve recognition of each others qualifications

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got this through from Snowsport England:

http://www.snowsportengland.org.uk/news/2014/09/british-snowsports-bodies-move-towards-coordinated-coaching-and-instructing-pathway

Summary:

- BASI L1, L2 instructors can now refresh their qualification by attending an SSE L1, L2 instructor refresher and vice versa.
- SSE L2 holders can now book directly onto a BASI L2 without going through all the other BASI steps

(same applies for the other national bodies I think, not just SSE)

Nothing particularly controversial about any of this, but I thought worthy of wider circulation, and certainly a step in the right direction.

The second point above is slightly frustrating for me, as I've just completed the final BASI hurdle to allow me to book on to the BASI L2 course, and I'm already SSE L2 qualified, but hopefully it will be useful for others.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it make it easier to poach in France?

(Sorry, couldn't resist ) Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good move.

FWIW : In the old days the Snowsport Scot / Eng ASSI qualifications for dryslope used to allow exemption from BASI L1 (then grade 3)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sensible developments, however interesting that it seems silent about where BASI qualifications gain you entry into the SSE heirachy.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
About time they recognised each other's refreshers. It's caused us a certain amount of grief in the past.

We had a mix of SSE and SSS level 2's, and about 5 years ago the SSS's couldn't find an SSS refresher in the southeast of England, so we went on an SSE refresher, with the SSE qualified amongst us, and SSS accepted it. Fast forward three years to the next refresher date, and no SSS or SSE refreshers available at times we could do them, so we arranged a private refresher with Pete SG at Hemel. SSS were quite happy to accept a refresher carried out by a Basi trainer, but SSE weren't, even though they hadn't got a refresher scheduled themselves. Upshot was that the SSE level 2, who had been a member of SSE for 30 odd years, joined SSS instead and by doing the refresher got his SSE level 2 accepted as an SSS level 2.

So, nice move, but too late.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi kieranm,
I'm not sure how the mapping that you allude to works (ie equivalency of L1 - L1, L2 - L2 etc) given that SSE L2 is getting you access to start BASI L2. What intrigues me is what my BASI L2 would effectively get me in the SSUK structure. I guess I'm not that bothered to find out otherwise I'd fill out that form and pay my £30 and find out for sure wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abd, My L3 basi got me an SSE L4 dev coach after doing some log book stuff a while ago... they definitely had a matrix of equivalence back then...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Refreshers can be fairly generic so this change makes good sense, I don't see that it needs to have anything to do with equivalence of qualifications.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy