Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside Out Pre-Season Tune-Up Tignes Nov 2014

Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret wrote:
ansta1, is that a hmmm I am thinking about it Wink

it is.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plenty of space in the pool, dive in ! be an idea to check with Mountain Sun on rooms but last I heard they had plenty of availability...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, haven't got it past the escape committee yet. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ Rob@rar, what are the rental skis like at Mountainsun please?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So for the weekend crew we'll make the meeting point the montreux bar. Come through arrivals and turn right and go along a few hundred metres and there's the bar. We can grab a beer or two and watch the world go buy. When it gets nearer the witching hour we can send out a runner to the official meeting point to play find the mountain sun guy

I will have some skis with me and handily a blue inside out hoody.

Kent, Nickh I think we are on the same flight so please drop me a pm so we can start the après in LHR. Based on the forecast Thursday could be a slow start so no harm in going hard early
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@KenX, oops hadn't seen your post on skis, generally quite good but we have a big group of good skiers so may be a bit of a bun fight for the exact length in what you want...

@bertie bassett, I recon the forecast will change by the weekend. Never accurate this far out this time of year.... some freshies would be good though Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a great time, at least the random after lunch ski thief will not be in attendance bertie bassett
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bertie bassett, pm sent
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've emailed everyone who is on the Pre-Season Tune-Up to let them know about the Montreux Bar (thanks for the suggestion @bertie bassett). Scott and I are driving out so we'll see you in Tignes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
have a good trip everyone, gutted I cannot make this one Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@bertie bassett, Just note that there are now two (!!?) "Montreux" bars ... looked like they'd split the bar section off from the restaurant so they're literally next door to each other but you could have some confused folks.

You have the Jazz Cafe which is sort of most obvious as you approach from the main arrivals area and "Funky Claude's Lounge" which is behind it, but if you approach from the post office or the charter terminal that's the one you'll see first.

Possibly not as confusing as I'm suggesting, but I guess you want to be clear. Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hopefully the weather forecast is correct, snow from now till thursday am, then sunny bits Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
this maybe handy when your wondering whether to get up or stay in bed Smile

http://www.skiplan.com/bulletin/bulletin.php?station=tignes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=en

http://www.tignesnet.com/lifts/status/live-piste-and-lift-status-in-tignes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Vent Fort stopped play today. Very windy now and last night, Ben down here in Tignes Les Boisses.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, Ben? I guess is rain??
snow report
Ben = even

Damn autocorrect!
snow conditions
ha! Is it raining/snowing down with you?
ski holidays
Not really. Had a little bit of light rain, but only for a few minutes at a time.
latest report
I've demanded fresh snow for when I arrive, I'm sure it'll turn up Wink
snow report
Thought I'd check the tignes webcams , clicked on the solaise one & heart leapt -then I saw the date ......... Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
Raining heavier now at 1800m, with snow line around 2200m I'd guess. Should be improving conditions on the glacier.
snow report
@rob@rar, snowHead
ski holidays
@rob@rar, @nickH, snowHead
snow report
Awesome day on the Motte!
snow conditions
sat in terminal 5, waiting for my plane...
snow report
@rob@rar, how bad are the queues this week?
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:
@rob@rar, how bad are the queues this week?

No queues to speak off Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
Awesome day on the Motte!

Come on rob, need pics and some more detail on snow etc for us poor sods stuck in work!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have a great time you lucky gits on the real stuff, won't be thinking of any of you NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
Sat in T2 see you this afternoon!!
latest report
@offpisteskiing, seriously as quiet as I have ever seen it in November. Cable car open today and zero t bar queues.. freshies on the top and rosalin was in great nick
snow report
Today on the Motte

https://vimeo.com/110998914
snow report
Some photos from today:

More photos here.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 5-11-14 17:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks good out there!
latest report
Impressive rock yer man in green has just landed
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Impressive rock yer man in green has just landed
Yeah, sadly I didn't catch the double backflip he made en route...
ski holidays
Looking fab, and I guess having the 1st day off may have been more than repaid by skiing fresh today rather than glacier ice!

Just a few weeks now...
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Come on rob, need pics and some more detail on snow etc for us poor sods stuck in work!
Was unexpectedly awesome! Short delay for the funicular to open (about 30 minutes) and we were initially told that everything except the cablecar would be open, but when we got up there even the cablecar was running. Very little wind, moderate visibility, and about 20cm of quite heavy fresh snow. Patches of glacier ice showing through on Champagny piste and the stades at Champagny and 35, but that just added a little spice to the great variable snow we skied all day. It's very quiet here, probably as quiet as I've ever seen it. No queues anywhere and plenty of terrain available as so few lanes are being used. Beasted my group a little, but they rose to the challenge which was very rewarding Happy

Forecast for the rest of the week looks reasonably calm, so all should be good!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 5-11-14 17:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
balernoStu wrote:
Looking fab, and I guess having the 1st day off may have been more than repaid by skiing fresh today rather than glacier ice!
I think that's what everyone agreed - after the down day yesterday, today more than made up for it.
latest report
<<sigh>>
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy