Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for daughter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi i'm after some new skis for my daughter and i'm slightly lost, with snowboards i'm fine but skis it's a whole new ball game. She wants some all mountain skis and i've been advised to get her small womans skis as her level is too advanced for the kids skis on the market. She's 11 races slalom, trains twice a week on 130's slalom skis and used 139 twin tips last feb so i'm looking for something in the 140 ish range that is good on piste and for playing in the fresh stuff. The rate she's shooting up getting gear in the sales is preferable i've found these two just wondering if anyone has any other ideas?? Cheers.

http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/K2_SUPERIFIC_76_Womens_Skis_139cm_Marker_ER3_100_Bindings_2014-(64633)

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/826783/products/k2_superone_2012_womens_skis_and_bindings.aspx?origin=pla&kwd=&currency=GBP&gclid=Cj0KEQjw7vmgBRDdnLPZp7aBlroBEiQA7_NmVwprquOwiwlDiCjtldMGg8D9_UKcgfrBXKGNYsn4R90aAnm78P8HAQ
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not convinced a women's all mountain ski is the right choice. My kids have had (apart from race skis) twintips with a waist of about 85mm for just messing about and for off-piste adventure. This has worked great. I picked up some Salomon Knights at a cheap price which have served well. That model is discontinued but it gives an idea.

Twin tips ski a bit shorter something around 145cm should work. Go for slightly longer rarher than shorter if you are between sizes.

But if you can get a really good deal on some all-mountain skis, go for it. You can never have too many pairs of skis.....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
francium., there are some decent junior skis on the market which IMO would be better than a womens ski. My son is 9 but the size of an 11/12 year old, last season he had 130 slalom skis, 140 general piste skis and 148 all mountain twin tips. They were Volkl Gotama Jr and were excellent, really decent skis. They do 138, 148 and 158 I think. They are about 85 underfoot. They graphics were fairly neutral, nor particulalry masculine if that's a factor. There are some bargains on last year's model.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy