Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Going to Alpe D'Huez (Oz en oisans) for Christmas and looking for a good school fora 13 year old girl. Really hope to get her in TVA group with similar ages. Hoping not to be with real youngsters. Does anyone have any experience of Easyski was hoping they may be a better option thanESF....Or any other opinions and experience of who we should try?

Thanks Craig.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Craig,
Welcome to snowheads. My 12 year old son and I went to Alpe D Huez before Christmas last year. My boy had only had a few lessons in the fridge before we went so I booked with Masterclass. The school is run by two British guys, Stuart and Mel and I cannot rate them highly enough. We had 4 2hr lessons with just the two of us through the week and they were outstanding. No language barrier really helps. Book early for them though as their time fills up quickly once the season starts.
Hope this helps,
Andy snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our two, aged 7 & and 3 have been with the ESF at Oz for a total of 5 weeks over the past two years, and I can't recommend them highly enough. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
another vote for masterclass, Stuart is a great instructor.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I spent last season working in Adh, dealt weekly with the ESF, they're really good, really helpful with getting people in the right classes and moving people between groups/instructors (Louise in the maison alpe office is amazing) so don't just right them off.
Mel and Stuart are so good but may be fully booked by now, last winter they were saying they'd been booked out since June but you may be lucky.

Nick
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought Stuart and Mel at Masterclass were great as well. In 1982 I got taken on my first ski holiday in Andorra. Looking back on it, the instruction was quite good. The trouble was I packed in the lessons after day 3 as I could get down the hill and turn after a fashion. I remember thinking what else is there to know? Over the next 18 years I went skiing most years for a week a year and never got much better. Surprisingly I managed to avoid getting injured. In 2000 a group of us went to Alpe D'Huez and Masterclass came to the chalet offering lessons. I told Mel I didn't think I would learn much Embarassed
but he said well come along and try a lesson and if you don't learn anything you won't pay.

It was nothing short of a revelation and since then I have always valued good instruction. My OH says I still think I am a better skier than I actually am. Now I'm sure she is right in that, but at least now I know that there is always an opportunity to learn and improve.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Oz ski school is excellent - my children have used it quite a bit (we have a chalet there).
You can opt for English language if you wish also.
Ask for jeremy if you can - super instructor, though to be fair, most of them are good and keen.
Over Xmas there will be several classes, so there shouldn't be an issue finding friends.
Other options are Active - run by Barbara. Google "Active Oz en Oisans". Really good, private lessons, though if its finding friends you want maybe the provate route is not the option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy