Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiet-ish resorts for a week over christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We have turned our attention to ski holidays now the weather is pants but are limited to the week covering Xmas.

In the past we have gone to and loved resorts like La Clusaz/Grand Bo, Gressonay and Alta Badia and absolutely loved them, however feel we should explore other places. Neither of us are massively fussed about après ski and runs that are too crowded to do anything but get carried along with the flow.

So, how busy are the 3V over Christmas? Can anyone point us in the direction of a resort with a decent amount of intermediate/advanced skiing where it isn't ridiculously busy?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should add that we have seen a couple of nice looking challets in our price range with Skibeat in the 3V, particularly Meribel.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
imull, I would expect 3Vs to be quite busy at Xmas...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mottaret is very nice and quite at Christmas. Stayed in a Chalet there some years ago in christmas. And returning this year in february. For good dinner out visit the Petit Savoyard in Cuorchevel 1650.
Our chalet is not a high end chalet - but location in La Chatelet is very very nice, right John! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Arlberg resorts are quiet enough at Christmas. I've stayed in Lech & Zürs a few times and apart from maybe first thing in the morning there's generally no queues and quiet pistes. St Anton is a little bit busier but cheaper than the higher resorts. Also, with the exception of last year, the conditions are usually fantastic for early season

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 23-09-14 15:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not been to the 3V at Christmas (other times but not Christmas) but I have been to Paradiski and ADH. I've not found them to be "ridiculously busy". My understanding is that new year week is busier. Certainly apartment prices are more expensive which is obviously a good guide.

For me the key to the big ski areas is to find the right place to stay depending on what your group wants.

Also, when I was younger I wanted to go to lots of different places but as I've got older I've realised there are advantages to going somewhere you know that ticks all your boxes.

That said I'm off somewhere new this Christmas...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all,

The boss has vetoed 3V so looking at returning to La Villa and trying the sella ronda in better than zero visibility.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy