Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neustift?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering about a long weekend in Neustift at the end of March.

Can anyone help as to whether the lift pass covers both Neustift and Stubai or are they separate?

At that time is there usually still skiing lower down and if so, is there any area that is better or worse to stay?

Thanks all Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have the option to buy a pass only for the Glacier or a pass for the whole valley (z.B. Glacier, Schlick2000, Nustift etc)
its your choice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
turms, thanks.

Anyone any comments on the skiing there? Or think of anything else that I should know?
I'm thinking it will be hire car from Munich.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can either get a Stubai pass, an 11er Lifte pass, or the Olympia pass, which covers all the Innsbruck resorts.

Personally I wouldn't bother skiing the Neustift 11er Lifte - it's small and not that great. Maybe worth a few hours on your first day depending on what time you arrive though. If weather is good, Stubai is great. If you get a cloudy day, drive down the valley to Fulpmes and ski Schlick2000 which is also a great little area with some nice trees for storm days.

At that time you SHOULD be able to ski to the base station at Stubai, and SHOULD be able to ski to the base at Schlick - they managed to keep the return piste open pretty late even last season when they were pretty skunked on snow.

Neustift is the best base for Stubai, but if you're not set on the glacier Fulpmes may be better - right by Schlick2000, not that far from Axamer Lizum (my fav of the small IBK resorts other than Nordkette), and also not that far from Stubai. Not as pretty as Neustift though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, thanks. Just the sort of info I wanted Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, No worries wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro We ski toured in the Stubai area last April. Stayed in Neustift (gorgeous little village, full of character) before the ski tour and put in half a day skiing the Elfer on soft, spring snow. We really enjoyed it - but have been wanting to ski there for years after hiking up the Elfer in summer.

After our ski tour, we stayed in Fulpmes and skied at Schlick 2000 for a day. There was nothing open below the middle station but we had a really enjoyable day. It's a pretty decent ski area with some nice cruising, steep bumpy glade-type runs and lovely scenery. Enjoyed Fulpmes village as well - a lot bigger than Neustift and some nice places to eat.

Stubai Glacier is excellent - a toss up between there and Hintertux for our favourite glacier.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 24-09-14 11:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mountain addict, tough call but I would say stubai edges it. I don't have the stats but feels like there are more chairs on stubai than hintertux and I hate t-bars!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy