Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ruroc helmets start making snowboards. No, REALLY...

Poster: A snowHead
Odd news everyone!

In a move which prompts the words "Really, are you sure about that?", Imperial trooper-a-like helmet aficionados Ruroc are diversifying into snowboards.

Touting the worlds first never wax snowboards, they've worked with the University of Bath to create a small range of boards which, as the name suggests, never need waxing. Apparently a quick rub down with a nylon pad and they're good to go...

More info on Rurocs website...

Strange days people...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never wax? cant see that working overly well
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me neither as it says it's a sintered base.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
However is would be good to see boarding introducing a new disruptive technology/idea to the sliding industry, again.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The thing I don't get is why snowboards? It's not like Ruroc are known for being part of the scene - they're more adenoidal skier clobber. This is well off base for them no matter what exotic polymers they are drenching their boards in.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes its odd, the boards look ok, but the helmets look like they are for dorks.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JimboS, That must make me a dork, I have a Ruroc Helmet and love it, best ive had, and ive had a few over the years
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, But yes I agree, boards seem an odd move, but hey if they can sell them, then why not. I guess unless you've ridden one, you can comment on how good they are (and since I ski im certainly in no place to say)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've not ridden one either - I doubt anyone outside Ruroc has, but that's not really what I was getting at - it just seems like an odd move for a helmet manufacturer to enter a very different business like snowboard manufacture - if they'd launched a new line in body-armour or gloves or something I wouldn't have given it a second glance.
It's like ESSO suddenly announcing a new range of motorbikes. The product may be awesome but I'd bet you'll have an even harder uphill slog to make a go of it that a new startup.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways, Completely agree with you, it is a very odd move. I too would have thought body armour etc. They are doing a uk tour at the moment with the boards though. They are visiting all the domes and letting you have a ride! Perhaps you could go and give everyone a review Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.natives.co.uk/news/ruroc-viper-cascade-14-15-snowboard-review/6350
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ That must be one of the few things published on natives in the last year that isn't simply a press release... Maybe they're taking the criticism on board!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Would have been nice to see him riding the board at least rather than listening to the fridge Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm curious how he got a feel for it in deep snow, but I guess adapting the marketing materials only goes so far wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
albinomountainbadger, i was thinking that too lol, and pow? He could claim crud at best!
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
JimboS, That must make me a dork, I have a Ruroc Helmet and love it, best ive had, and ive had a few over the years

Sorry for the unintended slur. Cant say I have ever seen one on the slopes.

latest report
JimboS, haha you win!! Dork is not strong enough for this guy!! To be fair i think whatever helmet you stick on him hes gona look a tool lol
latest report
PaulC1984 wrote:
JimboS, haha you win!! Dork is not strong enough for this guy!! To be fair i think whatever helmet you stick on him hes gona look a tool lol

You're kidding right? He looks badass! Like some sort off snow ninja power ranger. I bet he's well tough, has a smoking hot girlfriend and a huge clock.
snow report
Snow Hound, and lots of friends looking at the picture Happy or perhaps he had a ninja fart and killed everyone??
ski holidays
Helmets are absolutely brilliant but I reckon the demand for a UK based Snowboarding brand is quite small but good luck and I hope they smack Burtons bottom.
ski holidays
There helmets are mental!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy