Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets Half Term 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any one endured Half Term in the area? School are on to us so no more term time days off. How bad are the scrums for the lifts etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there many times at any other time but Feb half term Toofy Grin
We are still tied into half term but have opted for a slightly quieter area still in France. I think this year is going to be challenging though as all of UK clashes with Paris area Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I think this year is going to be challenging though as all of UK clashes with Paris area

Indeed. I would go at Easter and, failing that, to Italy, probably (and I have an apartment in France).

Globalbagtag, which is your LEA? You need to look carefully at their information - policies vary and most allow a week's unauthorised absence.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half term can be very busy there. We did Feb half term a couple of times and used to drive up to Chavannes and park for the day to avoid the lift access queues from the village. Mont Chery side is generally fine but may not be suitable for younger skiers. It is a great resort for families - both mine started there but not sure if I would choose it for that week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Globalbagtag, Champoluc, in Italy is very good for families and will be little or no more busy at half term than any other time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We skied in Morzine at half term a few years back and went over to the Les Gets side a couple of times. Like most resorts the queues weren't too bad once you got away from the village but trying to get across mid afternoon the main lifts up from the village were very busy with queuing times of over 20 minutes.

Les Gets wouldn't be my choice for half term. If you like to ski further away from the main pistes then someplace with a wider range might be better and if you're happy to stay on the main pistes then you might be better off somewhere quieter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy