Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time to hang up my ski-boots...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
for this season, I'm off to do my summer pursuit (Supporting my Rugby League club). I've had a brilliant year where I've taken two weeks skiing rather than one, one in Mayrhofen and one in Sauze d'Oulx. I will be going down to Castleford a few times to check out the snowdome so some skiing will be done during these long summer months. Smile

I'm now a full convert as I will never be going on a summer holiday again. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank heavens for summer rugby eh RichardB? Are you going tomorrow night?

Last weekend I resigned myself to tidying up the spare room & finally put away all the ski jackets, gloves, goggles & other associated ski paraphernalia. Once all that is done the season is really over. The good news is next year's first trip is already booked! Hooray!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Bunny, I've booked up for Fernie next January, I booked the day after I got back from Mayrhofen this last January, can't wait!

I am going to tomorrow nights game, my best mate bought my ticket just two days before I left for Sauze d'Oulx a week last Friday, going to be a fantastic atmosphere (a sell-out I heard), I feel it will be one of the games of the season! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RichardB wrote:
I feel it will be one of the games of the season! Very Happy

Hope so, I am really looking forward to it. Seems like I haven't been to a game for ages, what with all the cup weekends etc.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The season's not over till I say it is Very Happy I've been pointing this out Mrs Ise
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes ise, half a metre of snow predicted for Val Thorens between now and Friday, and the maximum temperature no more than -10C. Season over? No way!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's not fair, got back from the three valleys on Sunday, where we had hard pistes in the morning and it was slush upto 2000m in the afternoon. Crying or Very sad
In January went to Lake Louise and they hadn't had snow for 6 weeks. The day we left it snowed and kept on snowing.
Will I ever find powder?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still snowing in Scotland too.

Maximum accumulation isn't normally reached at 2,500m until May. In Scotland May also has the maximum depth at 4,000'.

So lots more skiable conditions yet with most places having far more snow now than Christmas. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Danny, I've had the opposite problem. A week in Jan and week before last in Swizerland, both weeks non-stop snow. Great skiing while there was visibility!

Having one last try next week to get a suntan Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's no way my toys are getting packed away just yet. If I wasn't going on holiday for two weeks next week, I would have been heading up to Scotland this weekend. There is still plenty of snow around everywhere and look at the weather. Warmer than in the depths of winter. Glorious sunshine when it appears, light until late, meaning longer days on the pistes if you want it. There is no way my winter gear is ever going into the cupboard in February again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Easter or Christmas - which is the better time to go skiing?
The common perception seems to be Christmas is cold and snowy, while Easter is warm and rainy. With one or two rare exceptions, I would suggest the common perception is the opposite of reality. I have skied Easter for over 10 years, and never had a bad year. The few times I have tried Christmas have never been as good. As Ise (more or less) said: the season is not over until the fat lady skis.
(I'm really pissed off that I can't find a picture of a fat lady skiing..... Sad )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How about this one?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
MartinH, certainly better than anything I found, but are you sure it's a lady: looks a lot like me!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Easter or Christmas - which is the better time to go skiing?

If they'd stop moving Easter around it would be easier to make a decision. For most European resorts, I reckon Xmas can be a bit early for sure snow. And your daylight hours are limited. But of course there are exceptions that prove the rule. I prefer mid-season (avoiding 1/2 terms if possible) but then I'm no longer tied to school hols. Cool

PS - off thread - isn't the built-in profanity filter highly selective ? Seems you can be pissed off but you can not sh 1 t but it's OK to fart. Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy