Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon course x scream ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, new to forum but have a question regarding ski boots I bought ages ago. I have a pair of salomon course x scream ski boots which are really comfortable and I'm going away next year on holiday. I just got back into skiing last year after a long lay off, I was wondering if my boots were still up to the task of a weeks holiday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No. If they're really comfortable they can't possibly be any good. Probably too large.

I'd suggest you immediately start looking for some new ones. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your boots are comfy and the plastic isn't cracking up form being left in the sun or subjected to large temperature swings then they will be fine. Happy comfortable feet are much more important than close fitting torture chambers. Many of my neighbours ski in boots of the same vintage, and they have been skiing in them 40+ days a year since they bough them.

Do put them on and walk round the house a bit to make sure they are still comfy. Pull the liners out and give them a good look over, cheking they don't look like they are colapsing or moth eaten.

Yes boot technology has moved on a bit (quite a bit in certain specifc areas) but none of these improvments are relevent if you are comfortable in your shoes and not sloping around like you are wearing a bucket.

olderscot, I think you need new boots. I've not skied in painful ones (the odd prototype aside) since descovering what bootfiters were and why you shoud visit one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Blackieg64, welcome to the mad house there will be lots of opinions but i will echo that of Idris above, go try them, the plastic is getting on a bit, and depending on how it has been stored the integrity may have been compromised but you will only know this by wearing the boot, and going skiing (you could put them in a freezer then smack them with a hammer if you like but that is probably a little extreme)

if they do fail then there is a risk, but it is unlikely that they will...if you had said they were another brand from a couple of years earlier i would be more worried

go ski, enjoy and if you are going to get back doing more then you can replace the boots in the future when you need to
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM,
Thanks for the replies. They're still in good condition, went well at glenshee earlier this year so think I'll see how they go. The next thing is to purchase a pair of skis. Where to start? Lol
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy