Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hokkaido, Japan 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
Happy Days Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mike Pow, How was Niseko?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very good through gate 4, but not as good as you got Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Really warm in Niseko today, freezing level high up the mountain so called it quits after a couple of hours and went for a nice lunch.

Going back to Kiroro tomorrow snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rusutsu was spongy boot top powder that warmed through the day.

Deserted and great long tree runs.

If the snow arrives as forecast, then Kiroro will be rather nice tomorrow Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kiroro delivered on some many levels today, lap after lap of untracked powder and hardly anyone there snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looked out for you.

Magic day Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tuesday 03 March 2015
Niseko Hanazono

FLYING HIGH

http://youtube.com/v/5w9yrG-JBYE

Jason, Adrian & Christian are in town from Whistler, Canada and with only 6cm in the past 72 hrs in the Niseko Resort Area found boot top powder under sunny skies.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Day 105 at Kiroro: Thursday 05 March 2015

20 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

The snow returned to Kiroro just in time for the first visit of Jason from Singapore and Adrian & Christian from Whistler.

They skied almost as much powder today as they have all season in Canada!

Pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.728798100567664.1073741906.366773836770094&type=3&uploaded=6

LITTLE PARCELS OF AN ENDLESS TIME

http://youtube.com/v/zGn5AZJNbys
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mike Pow, Thought I did meet you but turns out you have an American Doppelganger! Embarassed

There were six of us and Phil Howell from Niseko Black. Best day of our trip, so impressed with Kiroro, will def be back snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yellow jacket, green pants?

A dusting overnight but cold & clear this morning.

Hopefully the moisture has been sucked out of the snowpack.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Guernseyfreerider, glad to see you skied with Phil...say Hi from me....and tell him he owes Stefan (that's not me though) a commission Smile

I love Kiroro!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mike Pow, That may have been one of our guys we were quite colourful, it looks like we were skiing near the same spots wink

@rungsp, Ha ha thanks for the recommendation, we went out with him twice, lovely bloke, I think he enjoyed his day yesterday!! snowHead

He's on Facebook now www.facebook.com/skiwithphil if you weren't aware
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not a bad week in Central. We've had regular snowfall of around 10cm each day. It is quite moist at low level but obviously much lighter up in the hills. I've only really been hitting the local hill, but we've had a couple of great sunset sessions.

Will be at Sapporo Teine tomorrow.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That should be the resort brochure front page pic.

Sugoi Smile
snow conditions
Day 106 at Kiroro: Friday 06 March 2015

5 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

Yesterday was so good that Jason, Adrian & Christian returned for more today.

The cold temperature overnight drew the moisture out of the snowpack leaving dry powder all over the mountain.

Pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.729329380514536.1073741907.366773836770094&type=1

MARCH(ING) POWDER

http://youtube.com/v/tsqsc8Exap8
snow conditions
SICK day at Teine today. "Locals' only March" in full swing, and we lucked in with a big snowfall last night. Real deep in the bowls and a great crew on the hill. Big drops and faceshots all day!

Under the cliffs

Sending it off 'The Horn', way out in the bowls.

Yubari tomorrow.
snow conditions
BIG weather system rolling through next week.

Some of the biggest numbers I've seen forecasted for this area

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/KiroroSnowWorld/6day/top
ski holidays
Crazy weather coming in for the next few days. Warm and very windy through until Tuesday, and then we should get a good amount of snow for the rest of the week.

Good day at Yubari today, with some nice deep snow in the trees. Quite heavy and wet as the temperatures rose through the day. Good fun.

snow conditions
Day 108 at Kiroro: Sunday 08 March 2015

0 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

KIRORO BACKCOUNTRY - '1107'

http://youtube.com/v/GrgBuVYVd1c

With moonlit skies overnight and the promise of a clear sunrise over Kiroro I set off before dawn to ski tour to the summit of '1107', the triangular peak above the Family Chair and Yoichi courses.

The sunrise afforded me great views of Kiroro Resort, the surrounding peaks and all the way to Mt Yotei and the Niseko Resort Area.

The sunshine of the previous two days had formed a tricky sun crust on some aspects but there was plenty of knee deep powder on the descent.
latest report
Back home after a great week in Japan. Highlights were definetly the two days we spent in Kiroro snowHead Managed to get some decent pics last Thursday https://www.facebook.com/skiwithphil/posts/1623056037907605

We didn't quite get the deep hero powder days we were looking for which has left a slight feeling of unfinished business. When I return would like to do a road trip to take in some of the smaller resorts like Kiroro so any recommendations gratefully received snowHead
snow report
Based on the pics you can ski, so I'd recommend a narower waist underfoot next time.

Come earlier in the season if you want a greater chance of powder.

Sapporo Kokusai and Sapporo Teine.
latest report
I'm going to be transferring through Fukuoka (on Kyushu, from a work trip to S Korea) on 21 March, I have a flexible flight ticket and some holiday to take before the end of March so wondering if it is worth extending the stopover and booking my own flights from Fukuoka to Hokkaido for a couple of days? Or is that just too much faff?

Flights look to be pretty cheap - around £60 each way from Fukuoka to Sapporo.
latest report
There'll be snow. And no one here Smile
latest report
@Guernseyfreerider, road tripping to different ski hills is definitely a great way of doing a Hokkaido ski trip. Feel free to contact me if you want any info on Sapporo/Central Hokkaido.

@bobmcstuff, keep an eye on how the snow develops this week and if it's looking good, bagging a cheapy flight with one of the low cost airlines could be well worth it.

Right now, it's pretty grotty. Pi5sing rain at sea level and a freezing level above 1,000 metres. Yuck.

But the forecast is for this to turn to snow and some very very snowy windy days coming up until the weekend.

EDIT! About an hour after posting this, the rain has turned to snow. And it's coming down heavy! Bring it on!

snow report
@MagSeven, Thanks mate will do

@Mike Pow, I was skiing 118mm underfoot Line Pollards Opus, they were freakishly manoeuvrable in all types of snow. We were discussing that going too fat you can have too much float and I didn't feel in much danger of sinking! Usual weapon of choice is 108mm, will def bear it in mind.
snow conditions
Guernseyfreerider wrote:

@Mike Pow, I was skiing 118mm underfoot Line Pollards Opus, they were freakishly manoeuvrable in all types of snow. We were discussing that going too fat you can have too much float and I didn't feel in much danger of sinking! Usual weapon of choice is 108mm, will def bear it in mind.

Cool. I skied on them last season. Good ski but found they floated too much for my liking.

http://youtube.com/v/-IGa5Yo3Ydk
ski holidays
Day 112 at Kiroro: Thursday 12 March 2015

50 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

SEASONS (WAITING ON YOU)

http://youtube.com/v/jePlfGa87Vo

After two days of sitting on my hands watching the snow come down but not the chairs and gondola go up, the waiting was over.

Winter has returned to Hokkaido and Jarch is on!

1.35 m so far this month and it looks like much more on the way Smile

Today was the deepest day I've had at Kiroro and only the lower mountain was open.

Fingers crossed the wind dies down and the upper mountain opens tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Day 113 at Kiroro: Friday 13 March 2015

40 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

Skied with Otaru local and 24 year Kiroro season pass holder Hiroki today

HALF LIGHT

http://youtube.com/v/6_QY3z1VgqU
snow conditions
Day 114 at Kiroro: Saturday 14 March 2015

10 cm in the past 24hrs at the base of Kiroro (570m asl)

SUN IN THE MORNING

http://youtube.com/v/UDSBnVwJoI0

Cooler temperatures overnight combined with a fresh layer of crystalline snow made for deep turns and refreshing face washes in the sunshine.

And the snowfall is set to continue through the weekend into next week.
snow report
An excellent weekend in our neck of the woods too after some really solid snowfall this week. We went to Rusutsu on Saturday and had blue skies for most of the day with deep snow. It was heavy in sun exposed areas, but nice and soft.

Today at Teine was one of the best days we've had this season. Really deep, and a lot drier than yesterday at Rusutsu. Well over a metre of accumulated snowfall from the past few days. The realisation that this was potentially one of the last big powder days of the season was pushing us into taking some big hits off cliffs and pillows.

Big drop off the ropeway cliffs

snow conditions
Hudge in the last pic Smile

Leave any if I was thinking of heading there tomorrow?
snow report
Sorry, my reply is a bit late as you'd probably already have left by now (Monday 8:40am!) Yes, there's plenty left out there. The further to skiers left you go, the better it is!
latest report
Thanks. Stayed at Kiroro. Maybe head there after the next storm.

Day 116 at Kiroro: Monday 16 March 2015

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE

http://youtube.com/v/FWjrl05uX9w

48 hrs without snow and blazing sunshine, but there was still plenty of soft snow around.
snow report
Pretty quiet here snow wise. Ski hills are starting to close up for the season now, some on schedule, some early through lack of snow.

Still plenty of snow in the main ski areas though and we've had some great sunny weather.

Teine on Saturday was fun. Still lots of snow in the trees and pleasant spring skiing. It got quite slushy on piste in the afternoon.

Yesterday we went to Rusutsu for the day. They had a pond skim set up and lots of barbeques at the base of East Mountain. There was still some slushy fun lines to be had in the trees, but we didn't spend too long there before gravitating towards the loud music and smell of cooking meat!

A few lines in the trees

Pond skim time!

Actually looks like we might get a bit of snow over the next few days.....
latest report
At least one more bite of the cherry before I depart on 01 April.

46 cm in the forecast Smile

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/KiroroSnowWorld/6day/top
snow conditions
Spring has sprung, with great groomed skiing in the sun.

Snowing now with hopefully some powder tomorrow and Thursday.

In the meantime Smile

https://vimeo.com/122155637
snow conditions
We've had snow rolling through yesterday and today. Flurries more than consistent snow, but when it's been falling, it's been quite heavy. I was at Yubari today and had some decent snow.

Localised snowfall rolling through the valley

Nice soft snow and empty slopes

ski holidays
A decent amount of snow yesterday around here and in the hills, and a gorgeous sunny day today. Spring at its best! I nipped over to Yubari this afternoon for a few runs. The All Japan snowboard champs are on this weekend so they've built up a really large slopestyle course and a solid looking boarder cross. Unfortunately for us that means the park was closed, but it was fun standing in the sun watching some practice runs.

The good weather looks like it'll continue until Saturday. We'll be up at Teine.
snow report
THE LAST HURRAH?

PATIO SONG

http://youtube.com/v/KvUJzSJmRFw

Day 126 at Kiroro: Thursday 26 March 2015

It was a glorious day on the mountain with perfect corduroy on the groomed runs and soft, fast powder off-piste.

The mercury rose through the day and Spring temperatures and sunshine are forecast through the weekend.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy