Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chipped ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

the top of one of my wife's all moutain skis got chipped when whe leant them up against a wall and they tumbled onto concrete. The chip is about 10mm x 3mm and is one top edge. I doubt it'll effect performace but I'm more worried about damp getting in when the skis are used again this winter and shorten their life. Any idea what I can use to cover the hole other than something like nail varnish?

Thanks and appologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Cheers,
Mark.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
most likely no impact - you're obviously not hitting enough rocks

A dab of flexible epoxy will sort it though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes, Or hes hitting the rocks with his body rather than skis Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rocksm91, really, really wouldn't worry about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used some of this to repair skis in the past and it did the job well:

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,308/category_id,46/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kieranm, how would you know if it hadn't done the job well but there was no advantage to the job in the first place?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
kieranm, how would you know if it hadn't done the job well but there was no advantage to the job in the first place?

Given the possibility of the core getting soggy or more of the topsheet delaminating, a squirt of epoxy is a pretty small price to pay in any terms.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you only need a small amount of epoxy then this stuff's great:
http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,221/category_id,21/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tp sheet chips happen all the time; there's really nothing to worry about.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, In my case it was a top sheet delaminating rather than just a chip, so it would be obvious if the repair hadn't been successful, and not doing the repair would have left me with unusable skis as the top sheet started flapping around. In another case I did repair chip to the top sheet as part of a service, and as Serriadh says I don't really see what the risk is, or the advantage to not repairing it. Even if only for the cosmetic improvement I'd still do it, as it probably took me less time than typing this message to glue the chip back into place.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't worry too much about delamination....just ask admin... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy