Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli Uzbek / Kyrgyzstan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need some expert advice.

6 years ago I managed to organise an epic heli trip to Kamchatka and am trying to get a reunion together for next year. Looking for somewhere new to go - lots of us are based in Asia, some in Europe/US - that will do the reunion justice and not cost the earth since prices seem to have gone through the roof in the last few years (as reference we paid Euro 3,600 each x 12ppl for 8 hrs flying time last time).

Have had a couple of people mention Uzbekistan which is supposed to have better/more stable weather than Kamchatka and would be using the same Mi-8 helis, plus as I have been to that part of the world before, the sights of Samarkand & Bukhara appeal for a couple of cultural days after.

Am looking for anyone who has had first hand experience of heli ski/boarding in the part of the world and views on (a) best operators (b) safety and (c) prices.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and recommendations.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up.

No info, leads, tips or recommendations ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=110972

Dominick

2 suggestions:

1 PM dualmoo who wrote the trip report cut in above

2 try James Morland at Elemental Adventures Heliski as he is very well connected and knows operators all over the world
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pm-ed you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey,

I'm looking at heading to Kyrgyzstan Feb / Mar 2015 with my mate heliboarding, thinking of going with this crew, http://www.fitundfun-outdoor.com/bergsport-alpinschule/heliskihelisnowboard-kirgisien-2009/english/. They are an Austrian outfit who offer 12 hrs flying time in Kyrgyzstan.

Dominick, did you find out any more info? What dates you planning on going?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks chrisJersey, I saw dualmoo's report though it focused on ski touring rather than heli.

WedgeIRL, the link looks interesting though wondering how much harder it is going to be to get everyone to Bishkek instead of Tashkent which has quite a lot of direct flights in. Looking at last two weeks of Feb but will depend who can travel when. What price have they quoted you for the Kyrgyz trip ?

It's always cheaper when you can fill a whole Mi-8 heli with min 12 people so that's what I am aiming for. Is it just the two of you and would you consider joining up and coming to Uzbekistan instead ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Try Christof Gelati, he has done that trip every year last 4 years. He works through Les Carroz guides office. You can also look him up on facebook.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you considered heliskiing on Hokkaido, Japan with the Hokkaido Backcountry Club if most of you are based in Asia?

Click here to see pics and vid
http://360niseko.com/blog/no-turning-back/

Hokkaido Backcountry Club
http://www.hokkaidobackcountryclub.com/#!frequently-asked-questions/c1d6
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 Christof "Ice Cream". Sort of guide you can spend more than one day with quite happily. Lady friendly as well if that's a requirement.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy