Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shared Bathroom Facilities - Your opinion

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

do underhead showers exist

yes but they are known as bidets
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sorry to be ignorant but what is an overhead shower do underhead showers exist?

being 6ft3, I've often been in hotels where I have to duck or crouch down with shower head at shoulder height. fortunately these days, most have decent fixtures.
I do apologise to all the hotel cleaners that need to go fetch a stepladder to reach the shower head, where I've lifted them to the highest possible position on the rail Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Levi215 wrote:
Personally not for me, friends are fine, i regularly share bedrooms with good friends and share showers on trips.

It appears that many people are prepared to share showers. Is this to save water or are there other reasons?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd happily share facilities with good friends who I can expect to keep them clean and hygienic. However, there's no substitute for your own en suite bathroom I reckon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I assume an overhead shower is one that is above your head as opposed to coming out of the taps on a bath?

Re loos, I haven't stayed anywhere for a long time where I didn't have an en suite and thus only shared with Mrs Dr Ghost Doggy, but without fail I use the hotel's public loos for No2s in the morning to spare my wife. Of course,s taying in Austria one is pretty much guaranteed a better class of loo, even on the hill.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
often on the same level as the restaurant too, and not slippery stairs with steps half the size of an adult ski boot sole length
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Libertine wrote:

We are not quite big enough (number wise ) to fill the chalet as it would be fine if it was just my own family.

If you're going to virtually fill the chalet, the problem will the other parties, not yours.

Good deal? Book now.

snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So you spend maybe mins per day in the loo. Perhaps another 10 mins in the shower.what rational person chooses their holiday on the basis of 20 mins per day?

My family's poo smells just as bad as any stranger's and has just as many dodgy bacteria. Why would I care who's responsible for the brown haze in the bog?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

My family's poo smells just as bad as any stranger's

Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones, that 20 minutes could be 40 or 60 though if someone else is already in there and you miss them coming out.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

what rational person chooses their holiday

I've yet to meet anyone who is rational in everything they do - I'm not rational on bathrooms, or flying - other people have quirks which aren't rational at all in other aspects
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Libertine, I guess the answer is, as somebody already suggested, for you to quickly find another potential chalet for your group (quickly because options for New Year will be closing down) and ask those responsible for paying whether they are prepared to pay an extra £X for their own en-suite bathroom.

Those who don't contribute financially don't get a vote. wink When one of my kids was inclined to moan about the prospect of a coach journey I pointed out that there was a flight/transfer alternative at £X extra, and as he had £X in his savings account, the choice was his.

He went by coach.... because he was saving up for something he valued highly. The concept of opportunity cost is a useful one even with very young kids.

Although most of us are irrational about something or other, that's not a good reason to shy away from Reason and Logic. I don't any longer like to share a bedroom (because I snore - if I didn't, and my roomie didn't, I wouldn't have a problem) but then it's I who pays the single supplement.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have to, and I mean have to, have the music volume control set to an odd number. How irrational am I Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

How irrational am I

that's not irrational so much as OCD. wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boris, meet hubby. Seems you share more than a first name.
latest report
Boris wrote:
I have to, and I mean have to, have the music volume control set to an odd number. How irrational am I Laughing
Does it go up to 11 Laughing
ski holidays
halfhand, my digital radio does. Very Happy
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
I'd happily share facilities with good friends who I can expect to keep them clean and hygienic. However, there's no substitute for your own en suite bathroom I reckon.
+1
snow report
+2 . I am happy to share a bathroom with my kids, hubby and good friends, as long as they don't leave me with a smelly loo and a soggy bathmat.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Laughing Laughing

Shared bathrooms and toilets fine but what I'm getting ever more reluctant to rent an apartment where the beds are bunks either in a bedroom or in the hallway. I'm too old to be climbing a bloody ladder to go to bed (say nothing of climbing down to go to the toilet in the middle of the night) nor do I want to sleep in a hallway near the front door.

OT rant over.
ski holidays
Jonny Jones wrote:
So you spend maybe mins per day in the loo. Perhaps another 10 mins in the shower.what rational person chooses their holiday on the basis of 20 mins per day?

My family's poo smells just as bad as any stranger's and has just as many dodgy bacteria. Why would I care who's responsible for the brown haze in the bog?

Depends on whether you eat white rice or curries for the week.
snow report
And whether you bring piste map in
snow report
Jonny Jones wrote:

Perhaps because some people spend more than "a few" minutes in the loo?
ski holidays
We shared a bathroom once but to get to it we had to go through the other bedroom. Fortunately they were friends but still not easy!
ski holidays
Maybe check what's on the menu in the chalet. Make sure they don't keep any Guinness. And anyone coming home smelling of curry gets locked out.
snow conditions
I was looking for the thread by Rumdiary where he loses 3lbs one morning as evidence why sharing might be horrible.
snow conditions
I am not against sharing, but should be a decent ratio of bathrooms to bedrooms/guests and separate loos.
snow conditions
Filthyphil30k, if I were sharing anything with rumdiary I suspect the loo could be the least of my worries
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As long as it's clean, has plenty of hot water and a sink to p!ss in when I'm pished, then I don't give a monkeys.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
As long as it's clean, has plenty of hot water and a sink to p!ss in when I'm pished, then I don't give a monkeys.

It's one way to compensate for the lack of loos I suppose wink Laughing
ski holidays
I'd be fine sharing a bathroom provided the other guests weren't the kind who p1ss in the sinks.
snow report
So that's all men then in extremis.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Filthyphil30k, if I were sharing anything with rumdiary I suspect the loo could be the least of my worries
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
p155ing in sinks is borderline.

ps if anyone stays in Aviemore SYHA, room 3, then I had the misfortune to return to the dorm to find a German guy washing his tackle in the sink in the room. you may wish to brush your teeth in the communal bathroom.
snow conditions
andy, My toothbrush never comes into contact with any communal sink
ski holidays
What about air - All those filthy molecules that have been knocking around in peoples' filthy lungs and bum holes since time began? Ewwww.

/\ nice euphemism. " Here you go love I've put Aquafresh on it"
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,
It's not your toothbrush we're worried about wink
ski holidays
Jonny Jones wrote:
biddpyat, but you have to share a toilet when you're out on the slopes. Or do you have a bladder the size of Llyn Brianne. Why does a shared loo suddenly become more unbearable just because you're no longer skiing?
It's not just the full bladder thing. I hire an apartment so that we can come and go as we please, leave things in the bathroom, ie shower gel, etc. I usually am fairly picky about the loo I stop in on the mountain too. Add in the people who like to sit and contemplate the state of the world for ages in the morning , and I would rather just self cater, or go to a hotel. Or a chalet that doesn't have to share toilets
ski holidays
My hubby comtemplates life for about 30 minutes in the shower every morning. I'd hate to have to share a bathroom with him if I didn't know him.
snow report
Quote:

My hubby comtemplates[sic] life for about 30 minutes in the shower every morning.

Words... fail.... Too hilarious.... should've sent.... poet...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy