Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland - current reports and photos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cairngorm, reported by Highland Instinct 8 December, with great photos:
http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/cairngorm/winter200506/dec05/8/index.html

The Lecht, also reported by Highland Instinct:
http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/lecht/index.html
The Lecht photos from Winterhighland 7 December:
http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=97

General snow report and weekend prospects from Winterhighland:
http://www.winterhighland.com/general/

Sadly, Glenshee's very promising start seems to have been wiped out by a rainstorm last Friday, so there are no lifts operating there at the moment.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cairngorm looks GREAT. Coronation Wall is fab in such powder. East of White Lady also looking good. I do hope it stays for them. Sad about Genshee, and the Lecht looking a bit sad in the photos - still skiable though!!! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, Cairngorm seems to have taken a real pasting.

Interestingly, the Ski Club of GB said yesterday:
Quote:
Scotland
Conditions in Scotland have not improved this week. The mild temperatures have caused the snow to melt and unfortunately Glenshee (0/20cm) has had to close temporarily until more snow falls. Conditions at The Cairngorms (10/52cm) will be hard in the morning following the hard frost overnight and will soften up later in the day. The Lecht (20/85cm) has the best skiing and the groomers have been out in force to provide the best possible conditions.

Looking at the Scottish reports and forums that Cairngorm-Lecht comparison doesn't ring true. As I understand it, Cairngorm is still (just about) offering its full 1500ft vertical, which is double The Lecht's natural maximum - and the Ptarmigan is particularly well covered. Personally I'd be heading to the 'Gorm this weekend, given the choice, though The Lecht's multiple draglifts might offer more skiing time in total.
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, not for long I fear. I think they'll have caught some rain overnight and the forecast is for a stupidly high temperature at the weekend Sad

Colder again next week but I think we'll have lost the Lecht and probably be down to the Ciste, Ptarmigan and Cas from the top of the gunbarrel.

Still, that November blast was a very nice early season bonus.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, What a shame. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad If it gets really good snow later this year you'll have to do a run down the now closed Corrie Laoghie Mhor (sp?) for me - One of my faves anywhere.
latest report
 brian
brian
easiski, Coire Laogh Mór (the corrie of the big calf) on the OS map, although their gaelic spelling is not 100% reliable.

I'll certainly do my best !

Update from today is that the Lecht is clinging on to the Buzzard and Eagle plus some of their nursery tows. Cairngorm still looks snowy up top and it's still possible to ski down to the middle. Should re-freeze tomorrow. Temps got up to double figures at the summit today, so what's left will be absolute boiler plate when it does freeze. Good base though !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy