Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave loses important case

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Following a judgment by the administrative court in Marseille in which the commune of La Grave was found responsible for the lack of signposting which lead to the death of a young snowboarder, PisteHors.com has asked the Téléphérique des Glaciers de la Meije (TGM SA) for their comments.......

a recent update from PisteHors
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having read the above I'm very glad to hear that I was in error about the DAL here trying to buy La Grave. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski wrote:
Having read the above I'm very glad to hear that I was in error about the DAL here trying to buy La Grave. Very Happy

It seems they have different stories for different people. There's truth in the LDA story.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As an addendum to the case concerning the boarder that died in Meribel, the inquest was held last Friday.

In spite of the boy's father making the case that the area in which the accident concerned was a heavily used off piste area adjacent to a piste and accessed by a lift, the vedict was accidental death.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This case must explain the changes I have found during the last two seasons at La Grave after a few years absence. There aren't really any pistes at La Grave, but I noticed that there is now a rope accross just above the main line of cliffs. I had nearly skied off them myself once (I had a very scary time trying to get up a few meters higher on a steep slope and deep snow with the slope dropping away over the cliff below me, in order to be able to traverse out.
It was my own fault (it was the one day at the end of the holiday we had no guide). I hope, if I'd gone over, someone wouldn't have sued the resort.

What I have noticed, though, these last two seasons, is that the La Grave guides are now much more cautious, which is a real pity. The first time I went to La Grave our guide took us down 8 different couloirs in one day!!!!! Last year we went down only one in the whole week (with a gold/purple Ski Club of GB group, if that means anything to you). And this year we only did one other on the last day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kurt von liebewitz, Interesting. It's only heresay as I haven't personally asked the boss of the Dal (not sure how to spell his name so I won't try), but it's a well used bit of heresay in these parts! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy