Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JigaRex Binding Jig

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone used Jigarex binding jig?

The jig is about $200 but you only need one of these, then the plates for each binding are only about $30

http://www.plinyequipment.com/

http://youtube.com/v/ffMg9oRV2DM

Would be interested if anyone has used this, and where i can get it in UK/Europe
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not used one myself but they seem totally functional & they seem to offer plates for the most popular bindings. AFAIK you can only buy direct so a UK based customer will need to add shipping, 20% VAT & an £8 clearance fee so a jig & one set of plates will be about £200.

Factory jigs are approx £90-£120 each depending on the make (& a lot more for Dynafit jigs) but most will have holes for a good few models. If you're just mounting one make of bindings then the factory jig would be a better bet but if you're doing a lot of different makes/models then the Jigarex is the way to go. If I was starting over the Jigarex would save me not only a bundle of cash but also a lot of space above my mounting bench!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who needs jigs?

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis, very cool.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
altis, how did you work out the drill positions? There are lots of PDF binding mount patterns out there, but not so much of the simple x,y mm offset from centreline/mount point. Reverse engineering a PDF doesn't seem like much fun.

Flaine skier, if you've got a family's worth of skis to mount up it might just be worth it, maybe. It'll be interesting to see how well they keep up with all the new mount patterns coming out for which there aren't any readily available paper 'jigs'. They've had their current selection pretty much since they first came out, maybe a year or two ago? (the guy behind it is called davieboot on TGR, I believe, there was a thread that kicked off the development there somewhere)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If anyone ever needs a template making up then that's easy for me to do & I can make it for your specific boot sole length and either as a paper template which I can post or as a pdf.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Serriadh, I've only done the G-code for Fritschi and trad-Dynafit so far. You just need to put in the BSL and hole size and it works out the rest. I started with two sources and then made my own measurements.
Jondrums: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/153971-Binding-Mount-Paper-Templates
Wildsnow: https://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-ski-pdfs/dynafit-template.pdf
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At the moment I have 2 makes of bindings that I need to drill.

I'll contact JigaRex about shipping.

Looks like the quiver killer drill bit will fit the jig, and if not I can just drill standard holes as pilots and then redrill for the quiver killers.

Nice setups spyderjon Cool and altis Cool at the moment I just have a black and decker drill and a ruler.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd like to know how spyderjon gets in the box under the worktop? Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ansta1 wrote:
I'd like to know how spyderjon gets in the box under the worktop? Happy

The centre leg of the bench slides out to open the hotbox Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, so the shipping is expensive, and for 2 makes of bindings it doesn't save anything, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Anyone know where I can get prices and order Salomon and Tyrolia jigs?

Thanks
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
if you are only doing a few skis then a paper jig is good enough no?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah I know, that's what I've been doing so far, but every time I get a new set of skis I put multiple sets of binding holes and it takes time.

If I had access to a pillar drill I could probably make some templates out of metal plate, but it's easier just to buy a couple of jigs.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
what about making some cad ones and 3d printing them somewhere? Mmm I might just do that myself sometime
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flaine skier wrote:
Ok, so the shipping is expensive, and for 2 makes of bindings it doesn't save anything, so I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Anyone know where I can get prices and order Salomon and Tyrolia jigs?

Thanks

I can supply them. PM me the make/models you want plus the ski widths (underfoot) and your full shipping address. I'm away this week but can get prices to you early next week. I might even have some spare jigs myself.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy