Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski lesson recommendation for La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've gone and booked a trip to La Tania late season next year with the wee'uns.
Can anyone recommend a ski school based in La Tania for 2 small boys (5 and 3.5 by then), baring in mind that, for preference, i'd rather not deliver my children into the clutches of the ESF...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've used Magic and ESF for my daughter last season (she was 4 at the time). Magic was her first week skiing, they spent most of the time on the magic carpet at the top of the bubble. In April, with ESF she had a private then a couple of days group and based in the centre of La Tania (we used esf as nobody else would do a part week group lesson). We were happy with both, her private lesson she progressed really well in, the group esf lesson she got moved up a few levels almost straight away, but she didn't progress to coming down the green before we left mid week.

We've got her booked in with momentum snow sports at Christmas, who we've used for our own lessons.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've repeatedly used Magic in Motion for my older daughter (from age of 6) and been very happy with them. They have small groups, cover a lot of terrain, and have a lot of fun. They have their own air bag that the older ones get to use, and for the older groups they get the kids to film each other skiing and compile a short video of their week.

I've also used ESF in La Tania last year for my younger daughter (then 4) as Magic were fully booked. They were fine. It took them a while to work out that she could ski already (they initially had her in a very basic group based on her age rather than ability I think) but with a little prompting she got promoted each day through the levels until she was happy. I think the first couple of mornings she'd been a bit bored.

ESF is of course much cheaper, but I have both my daughters booked in with Magic this year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughter learnt with Bastien who I think is at http://www.skiexcel.com/ . She had him 3 times when she was pretty young (starting about 4) and really liked him. She's 11 now and skis like a demon Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Richard_Sideways, I'm sure you may have picked it up, but over the years, Magic seem to be consistently recommended here.

The beginner area is nicely protected and central.

Again, if you hadn't picked it up http://www.latania.co.uk/ is an excellent and informative site - found it really helpful before I went to La Tania a few years back.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard sideways, happy to recommend Magic but also we've used Snowlimits too and been really pleased http://www.snowlimitsskischool.com/index.html

And as ESFs go the one in La Tania was quite good for two three year olds in our group one year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways, we have also used Bastien for private lessons for the kids. Magic get good reports - my wife had lessons with them about five years ago and got on fine. Kids have also been in ESF in La Tania which was ok for youngest but poor for eldest (who are 9 at the time) - really did not progress, the group was too big and they could not cater for a good 9 year old skier, who ended up with lots of non English speaking older kids.

Another possible is TDC Ski

All of the options are on this link www.latania.co.uk/skiing/lessons.htm
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Used Momentum last year with our 3.6 year old and couldn't have been happier with Ben Brierley. She had a great time and could ski back to the village from the Gondola by the end of the week. Really nice guy. Sorted the Mrs out too, massive improvement after 1 private lesson with him. There is a magic carpet in the village alongside the free tow which is used by ESF. The others use another magic carpet which is directly in front of you as you exit the Gondola top station. The green into La Tania is not that easy, narrow and with a few steeper sections.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ben b at momentum is great with kids. Our friends children love him and always want him as an instructor.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have used Magic the last 2 years for our son who had just turned 5 and 6 at each trip. Would highly recommend them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have used New Generation in Courchevel 1650 for my daughter many times and have been happy with them. They have a school in La Tania as well http://www.skinewgen.com/meet-the-team/la-tania-ski-instructors/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks to all who responded. Good to get some recommendations.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another vote for momentum, Ben is great, however, my 5 year old daughter also loved lessons with Adrian from snowlimit. Both excellent with kids!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ESF in La Tania treated Little Pie very well the two years we put him there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy