Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas Eve Restaurant Booking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sup snowheads,

While I hate to bring up the topic of Christmas in September; we are off to Val D'Isere for Christmas. Looking forward to our first Christmas skiing! Staying in a chalet and the hosts have Christmas Eve off. We have just been told that if we want a table in a restaurant that evening to "book early" but I was wondering.. How early is early? There are 8 of us in total. So;
Is it now? Next month? Start of December or as soon as we arrive? If anyone has any experience that they would like to share it would be much appreciated!

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ormie31, the restos might be closing now for a spell of rest after the summer season. But once you decide where to go, no point delaying - it's "the" big night of Christmas in French restaurants. I definitely wouldn't leave it till you arrive but you have time to trawl the Snowheas who know Val d'Isere well to get some recommendations. You'll need to be clear about your preferances and budget - there are some pretty expensive places!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a chance that the best and smallest restaurants will have been pretty well booked since last xmas...

I'd be doing my research and looking to book as soon as they re-open...if you want something special.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ormie31 wrote:
we are off to Val D'Isere for Christmas.

Best of luck matey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best take a few more Roubles than last year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ormie31, I was worried a couple of years back as we too were a large group, and emailed the restaurant (not in Val D'Isere) in the summer. I was told they were not really set up to take bookings till the resort actually opened in December. I duly made the booking when the resort opened and on the night it was very busy. However chatting to staff in the tourist office I suspect I would still have been able to book had I done so the Sat before Xmas when we arrived.

Last year as we were in resort the week before Xmas as well I had a look round that week and booked just before the influx of folk for the Xmas week. However I can see no harm in booking, or trying to book, as soon as you have decided where you want to go
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

Thanks for the info. I will start investigating and look to book asap in that case! Easier said than done with 7 others who say they don't mind where, until options are presented and then they all want something different rolling eyes Laughing

skimastaaah; I am hoping my other arm and leg will cover costs once we are out there!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

until options are presented

that's the mistake.... wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, indeed.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
To be honest I would book early if I was you -

Christmas eve is the french family Christmas celebration and loads of people go out - think eg valantines day but whole families instead of couples. Especially in Val D'Isere it's likely to be heaving!

Most restaurants do a relatively posh set menu with things like oysters, other seafood, foie gras etc which are traditional in france. So, if others in the group are a bit fussy then you'll need to ask to look at menus before booking too.

Places like pizzarias etc are unlikely to be booked up early.

Hope you find somewhere that suits . . .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
great post we are in les menuires over Christmas an was wondering the same about Christmas day night would the same advice be true and any recommendations?

sorry to steal your post Ormie31,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy