Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno, Jan 17, HB,xfer, liftpass, lessons and ski hire, sub £500?

Poster: A snowHead
Laughing

The directions to the loo are: leave bar via stairs, slide down half-pipe, then proceed through the doors you can make out adjacent to the slide Laughing

At least, that's what I seem to recall...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, Is there anyone else going from Manchester?
Also I've only been skiing twice before and not for a few years so im probably a beginner really, is anyone else at that level? I'm wondering whether I would need more than 2 hours lessons per day?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There will actually be an.option to add another 6 hrs of.lessons at a good rate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And btw Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks 😀
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
When is this to be booked? Should I book flights now?
What is the situation with room sharing?
Sorry for all the questions!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can book flights yes - a few people already have.
I'll line you up with room-mates of a similar gender - we don't have many twins though. Mostly triples.

I need to get the sign-up buttons sorted for this but I've been busy with the SOPiB and the competition etc.
The deal's all sorted though, hotel all booked and everything.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great thanks. I'm happy to share a quad or triple don't mind! Not done anything like this before hence all the questions! Will get the flights booked now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kellya4, Myself, my brother, Millski, and Schneeweiss Prosecco are all booked on a flight arriving at Friedrichshafen at 10am if that's any help snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers, Are you flying from Manchester or Gatwick? The Manchester flight gets in at 10.10am as well!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My flight is now booked!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kellya4, Very Happy

We are flying from Gatwick.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Breakfast Beers at Gatwick then Smile

Dan
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3 of us are looking to signup and we were just wondering if you still have places before we book the flights Happy
Thank you
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes - not a problem.
latest report
@admin, may as well ask about this one too, since it is the only one I haven't.

I know its open to beginners but is it going to be challenging for the more advanced too, I have not skiing Livigno (actually in Italy at all) so just curious? Very Happy
snow report
@Dzmarc, there's decent skiing to be had, yes.
If there are a few of us up for it, I'm up for getting a guide for a day or two to get out there and explore a bit.
We'll also have the BU5 4 DUB at our disposal which gives us a bit of flexibility for day-trips. For example, I quite fancy checking out St Moritz, which is only about 40 mins away I think.
ski holidays
As my christmas trip has fallen through (no dog sitter rolling eyes ) I'm now up for this as compensation.

...but for some reason Monarch won't let me pay/confirm a booking Mad

...flight now booked (wouldn't except a d/card payment but worked if I payed by paypal)
snow conditions
I have now updated to "Totally" - when and how do I pay ? thank you
snow conditions
nosgni wrote:

I wondered the same a few days ago. In the top right of your screen your snowAccount should indicate how much to pay. Click on the hyperlink then choose method of payment. If you use online banking then bank transfer is easiest, Paypal charge is a little steep. If you choose bank transfer then click ok or whatever the button states then the next page will give you Graham's account details.

I'm getting tempted to sign up for this one also but need some challenge. I'll discuss with Graham next week.
latest report
Schnorrr wrote:
nosgni wrote:

I wondered the same a few days ago. In the top right of your screen your snowAccount should indicate how much to pay.
Actually, they can't get that far because the buttons aren't up to charge them yet Embarassed
Quote:
Click on the hyperlink then choose method of payment. If you use online banking then bank transfer is easiest, Paypal charge is a little steep.
That is actually what PayPal charge all the time - and credit cards similarly. Most would stick £20 on the price of everything to cover potential charges and I could do that but I'd rather just give people the choice to use a method that doesn't cost anyone.
Quote:

I'm getting tempted to sign up for this one also but need some challenge. I'll discuss with Graham next week.
Look forward to it snowHead
ski holidays
Is anyone else booked on the BA flights?
17.01.15 LGW 07:25 -> FDH 10:00
24.01.15 FDH 10:50 -> LGW 11:30
The Monarch flights that DanMcDan has booked are about the same, but I can get 50.00 off BA using Avios.
latest report
Will we get a message when the buttons go up or do we just have to keep checking here?

I'm booked from Manchester. £88 all in, which is less than it was coming up for just last week.
snow conditions
Yes, no probs @adithorp - anyone on the list will be informed directly.
ski holidays
@nosgni, you said above that there are 3 of you interested.
If this is the case, make sure the others are all set up with their own snowHeads accounts as they'll need to be snowHeads in their own right to sign up to the week - and anyway, it feels nice to be a snowHead snowHead
snow report
yes, we each have our own snowHeads account : @nosgni @ITBeast and "Sal" ... looking forward to the trip Happy
snow conditions
Wooo can't wait...
snow conditions
I've just booked BA flights from Gatwick for myself, @nosgni & @samorris1, roll on the 17th Jan Smile

Rees
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ITBeast, I have just booked the same flights! Looks like it will be a snowHead flight, with Iski as well.

I am going to Gatwick the night before, staying in the Travelodge.
They have an offer on now, last day today, 30% discount on the regular price if you use code SAVING30 at the checkout. See MoneySavingExpert
ski holidays
At the moment we're planning to drive down early hours to Gatwick, but thanks @nigelg for the tip on the discount Smile
snow conditions
Is anyone else taking their own skis?
Or just boots? Can't decide if it's worth the extra £50!
snow conditions
Myself, Millski and Schneeweiss Prosecco will be taking our own skis.
snow conditions
Going to try the hire ones, don't think it'll make much difference for my level of skiing.

Dan
snow conditions
I'm undecided about skis. I have this debate every trip and things would have been easier if I'd never bought ski's.

On one side it's not just the £50 carrige, but also lugging them about through check-in, transfer etc then getting them serviced when I get back. On the other hand we don't know yet how much an upgrade from basic ski's will be and with your own you don't have the hassle of going to the shop and can have a relaxed beer instead.
ski holidays
@adithorp, Good Point, I do like the idea of beer though.

On a different note, is anyone travelling from the west midlands area?
snow conditions
Dzmarc wrote:
@adithorp, Good Point, I do like the idea of beer though.

That could just swing it.
snow conditions
jamesmo wrote:
Hi All,
I just joined the forum looking for a trip. This looks great! I am a boarder though, so was wondering if there are any other boarders coming on the trip or any opinions on these slopes for boarding?
Cheers
James

I've been a little out of touch with this thread, but after thinking I couldn't make this trip, it's now looking more likely. And it's a little known fact that I'm actually a boarder. Had a bit of fun in the couple of days we were there last season just cruising around and popping off the side of the piste, but there seem to be a lot of more interesting options too. Can't see what's not to like. Smile
ski holidays
Cacciatore wrote:

Check it out at 16 secs...I am sure someone shouts out the name of a well-known snowHead. You may need to listen to it a few times, what with all the rabbiting going on....

Never heard of him... wink
ski holidays
Are there still places left. Looking at the buttons I count 15 individuals plus 3x 2's making 21?
I've got a mate wanting to come. He's new to skiing and this seems the perfect first trip. I've sent him a snowHead invite.
ski holidays
Yes @adithorp, still good. Sending the invite is a good move as he will need his own snowHeads ID to sign up.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy