Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Like Bulgaria before Crystal Holidays arrived" (advice re skiing in Czech Rep)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That quote comes from a Guardian article from only 2 years ago and has some interesting info; its welcome to rubbish skiers is apt.

Anyone been skiing out in the Czech Republic and care to venture an opinion re recommended resorts and possibly s/c accommodation?

A few of us likely to head out there for the NY week, 2-3 nights in Prague and a few nights skiing somewhere not too far away from Prague. Size doesn't matter, and most of us up for trying cross-country (for the first time). We will have a Czech native or 2 with us but interested to see what the snowHead collective has to say?

cheers Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funny article in the Guardian.

Quote:
The snow cover is not deep, so you don't spend all day trying to find your skis if you fall
. Now that's what I call a positive attitude!

As the maximum height at their top ski resort is 850m with a vertical drop of 144m I'm not too sure you'll get a great deal of skiing at New Year. You'll need to be lucky with the weather I would think. The did have 15cm on the upper slopes this Jan, so you could be OK, but they only had 2 days of snow and 6cm in the whole of 2014. Maybe other resorts in the CR are better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Size doesn't matter, and most of us up for trying cross-country (for the first time). We will have a Czech native or 2 with us but interested to see what the snowHead collective has to say?

Given those circumstances, I should think it could be a lot of fun. One of my nephews went skiing in Poland, with one of his mates, a second generation Polish immigrant. He said the skiing was cr*p and he came back with a face damaged by snowboarding over rocks. But he enjoyed the whole trip because of meeting his friend's family and other Poles and doing the whole thing as a native, rather than a tourist. The vodka probably helped, too. Especially with the face.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
One of my nephews went skiing in Poland.....He said the skiing was cr*p.
A generalisation if ever there was one rolling eyes ! Best not go there then!

Or, on the other hand, Mrs MA and I went skiing in Poland....on fresh snow Very Happy and say the skiing is excellent - plus the overall experience of visiting somewhere totally different for a winter break, as has been mentioned above, was brilliant. All highly recommended!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy