Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations of what Airport options there are to access ski resorts in either Austria, Italy or France. I normally fly into Geneva and flights from Dubai in early Jan cost about 900 pounds, Lyon and Milan are also these sorts of prices, Frankfurt and Vienna are coming up at a more reasonable price, any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried skyscanner?

Venice, Zurich, Turin - three others to try.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JohnBoy0701, Munich for Austria and youll be 3 hours from most of the Ski Amade area. I don't think there will be flights to Salzburg from Dubai
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you

http://www.igluski.com/ski-resort-transfer-times

was a handy tool and yes Munich appears to be the cheapest direct. with Mayrhofen being the closest, any suggestion for a Chalet there Saturday - Saturday ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/

gives you what you need
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JohnBoy0701, I'm not familiar with mayrhofen but I wouldn't choose where to go based on what's nearest...not sure it is nearest either

I suggest you start a specific thread for recommendations when you've decided where to go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Munich appears to be the cheapest direct. with Mayrhofen being the closest,

Puzzled On the table on Igluski, Ellmau, Hopfgarten, Kitzbuhel, Niederau, Wildschonau and Zell am Ziller are all closer. Basically 2-3 hours from Munich will get you to any number of Austrian resorts as you can see on the table. For some odd reason, Igluski doesn't include German resorts such as Garmish-Partenkirchen.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnBoy0701, Big number of Austrian resorts within three hours drive of Munich weather permitting
We have often driven from Munich to Austria and north of Italy in the summer and its an easy drive never done it when its been snowing though.
Going by train is also an option as there is a train station at Munich airport
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Garfield,
Quote:
train station at Munich airport
Well, an S-Bahn station which takes you directly into Munich central, which is where most of the trains to resorts will start from. I was also wondering why Mayrhofen appears as the closest resort. There are plenty that are nearer, but I wouldn't choose a resort based on a difference of +/- an hours drive anyway. You can get to St.Anton from Munich airport in about 3 hours I guess ( traffic permitting ).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JohnBoy0701, what about trying to get the cheapest flight into one of the major European hubs (Amsterdam, Frankfurt... is there one further to the east?) and then get a budget cityhopper/Easyjet type 1hr ish flight somewhere small and close to the mountains? That might open up more options like Innsbruck, Verona, Saltzburg etc.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wot they said, I'd like to get closer (Innsbruck or Salzburg), but the cheapest way always ends up with a flight to Munich and then a hire car from there. They have Weissbier on tap at the airport too.

Vienna sounds too far from things (check a map though, I did not). Frankfurt is a horrid airport but you may be able to fly from there somewhere else.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Vienna is quite a way from the resorts in Austria, but depending on flight times etc. you could get the direct night train from Vienna to, for example, St Anton. Gets in about 7am IIRC, off to Haferl for breakfast and then over the road to either the Galzigbahn or Rendl for first lifts...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Many Austrian resorts have railway stations, so access from Vienna is not too bad. Comfortable trains to e.g. Zell am See take 4-5 hours, via Salzburg. Bad Gastein likewise just over 4 hours via Salzburg. Alternatively, direct trains from Vienna to Salzburg take just over 2 hours. From Salzburg station, taxi to the airport (15 mins) then any one of the shuttle transfers to the Salzburgerland resorts.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy