Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ellmau - Ski School Recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Ellmau in Feb with the family and i'm looking for a ski school for my 6 year old. Any recommendations?

I've found these 3 schools but any experiences of each would be great:

http://skischule-ellmau.com/
http://www.schischule-ellmau.at/
http://skischule-ellmau.at/

Thanks
Kersh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we had lessons with the top one. I had a one day private lesson while Jnr (would have been 7-8 at the time) had a week of lesson. Be aware that they are usually all day lessons in Austria. First couple of days we met Jnr for lunch, but after that the instructor wanted to take them up the Hartkaiser and so asked if he could have the kids all day. He just asked if we could give Jnr €9 a day so they could get lunch. Jnr absolutely loved the instructor (he was young and cool) and really enjoyed it - he didn't want to ski with us at all!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hammerite, cheers for the reply. My little lad has been in ski school in Austria for the last 2 seasons, all day lessons work well although he's pretty wiped out by the end of the day. I've heard back from all the schools now and they all seam to head up the Hartkaiser after a few days. Pretty good for us as our accommodation is really close.

Looking forward to it!

Kersh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,
we were in ellmau for a week last year and used the middle of your three links - 1st Ellmauer Skischule. They were fantastic. We had children in the red and black groups, while my husband and I shared a private instructor for a couple of hours a day. Both instructors of the kids groups were fun, yet responsible, and were great at liaising with our instructor regarding where to pick up etc. The children went for miles, everything we did, they'd already done - timed runs, black runs etc. Day 1 we met them for lunch, from then on they were out all day with 10E. We're heading back to Ellmau again this year, totally because of how pleased we were with the school. Cannot recommend more highly.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I believe we had lessons with the top one also (their logo is a penguin!!). They were excellent. I agree with the comments in the other postings that you generally have lessons all day. We used to put 10 Euros in our kids (9 and 6 at the time) ski school wallet thingy (the ID tag they wear at all times with your contact number etc in it) and they would have lunch on the mountain. Can make for a long day fro the little ones, but generally it is fine. Ellmau is a fabulous place to learn to ski and one of our favourite resorts ever. Plus they have great snow now check out their excellent web site and cameras.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy