Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How big is seefeld town?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Looking at a combi holiday off Inssbruck & Seefeld (as they are quite close). Planning to fly into Innsbruck and then catch the train to Seefeld for 2 or 3 nights, then train back to Innsbruck for 3 nights. Prob stay at the Hilton in Innsbruck as coming up quite cheap and in the city centre, but I have no idea of Seefeld. (Snow provided....we are going 14-21st Dec for the markets (mainly Innsbruck not Seefeld) We want to ski in Seefeld for 1 day so prob going to go for the Roshutten slopes. However, some of the appartments/hotels we are looking at are on the other side of Seefeld and it doesnt say how far to the Roshuttem slopes. So, couple of questions:
1. If we stayed by the Roshutten slopes (Apartment Krabacher) how big a job is it to walk into the main area of Seefeld where the shops and markets would be
2. If we stayed by the other slopes (Appartementhaus Am Gschwandtkopf) how far would it take to walk to the main area of Seefeld and also then to get to the Roshutte slopes

Could anyone recommend the best area to stay (looking £200 max for both of us for the 3 nights)

Hope the above makes sense - just need to know as dont want to be by the slopes and then have to get a 20euro taxi into the main part for the markets at night.
thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rosshütte slopes are the more interesting ones, but the area is on the edge of town. During the day there is a shuttle bus between the 2 areas. Geschwandkopf is a good beginner area with a nice progression but very limited for skiers. The town is not that big but wandering around in ski boots isn't that pleasant. It is all walkable but make sure you have suitable footwear.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks Samerberg Sue,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you don't want the faff of getting from the airport to the station and then train into Seefeld, a taxi from the airport is only about £40. For 2 of you the train will work out cheaper and is quite a nice journey, but we like the convenience of the taxi after the long day travelling.

I would say Rosshütte is better for beginners than Gschwandtkopf, and definitely the more interesting area for more advanced skiers as well. Real beginners will be on the Geigenbühel though.

There are 2 circular bus routes round Seefeld. One goes to Rosshütte first, then Gschwandtkopf. The other does it in reverse.

You can walk across Seefeld in a little more than 10 minutes, but you wouldn't want to walk between the ski areas in ski boots as Sue says.

I would have recommended the Römerweg apartments as they are up by Rosshütte and good, but looking online suggests that they are fully booked that week. I don't know any other apartments in town as we usually lord it up in 4* luxury.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks musher, will take a look now
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy