Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiest way to get to Snowworld Landgraff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I as wondering if anyone hear has been to the fridge at Landgraff in Holland because I am thinking of going there and I was wondering what would be the easiest way of getting there would be other than by car if possible as I would prefer not to drive if possible. Why I want to go there is to have a go on a sit down snowboard but the only place they teach it is in holland

Thanks

Stuart
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
depends where you live :: North-sea Ferries to Rotterdam, then take a train to Landgraff
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fly to Amsterdam then get the train ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Could do either of option but forgot to add I'm in a wheelchair so bit wary of taking public transport in a foreign country sorry I'm difficult
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MrFieldray, There are not many options left after you have ruled out car and public transport. Will you have a helper ?

I don't remember the Landgraaf fridge being particularly wheelchair friendly, you have to go down and up stairs to get out to the snow, I would ask first whether there is another route out.

Where are you planning to sleep ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Shocked no car and no public transport, are there any other forms?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
MrFieldray, Dutch railways (www.ns.nl) are pretty well set up I believe for wheelchairs, etc. Check out their website.

rjs, surely if they offer adaptive instruction they'll be able to cope with access requirements?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name, I'm just suggesting that the OP checks first how many helpers he will need.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok I would do public transport but it's always the last link that gets me, I think there is access to the slope at Landgraff because I know the BDST go there to race. If I stay at a hotel it would be the on site one at Snowworld. For access I can get advice from prodaptive who designed the board and do lessons. I've been looking and I think it may be pretty easy to get a Eurostar to Brussels and change to a train to Aachen which whilst it is in Germany is the nearest city to Landgraff but it's how to get from there to final destination.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
MrFieldray, From Aachen, get a train to either Landgraaf or Heerlen, then taxi. They are about the same distance from Snowworld but Heerlen is a larger station. Maybe ask the slope if they can recommend a taxi firm.

Plenty of adaptive racers train in Tignes, they still need a fair bit of help to get up the hill.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can fly into Maastricht with FlyBe, but I have no idea how regular the service is.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been there several times, unfortunately the more interesting side is usually closed as it is reserved for racing teams' training, so check before u go, with the consequence that the "blue" run becomes crowded.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's some good advice here. In past years, the interesting steepest run was closed for the public until October 1st. You should contact Snowworld to find out how it's going to be this year. Also, you can ask any questions on how to get there from the train station and make a reservation for the not-so-everyday course and instructor that you're looking for.

Te trains in Holland are quite well equiped for wheel chairs, I think (I'm Dutch, though not in a wheel chair).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MrFieldray, sit-down snowboards are starting to appear in the UK. A friend of mine is an adaptive snowboard teacher and has definitely at least tried one out (very recently). Not sure if it's avaiable to the public yet. Check him out here: http://www.lift-ticket.co.uk/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Landgraaf has access onto the slopes from the bar for adaptive skiing, so you do not have to contend with the stairs. Also the race training this year has been cut back somewhat so there is now some of the left hand slope open though most havent noticed this.
Its a great place to practice and it knocks all the uK fridges, massive in comparison.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy