Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B.A.S.I.level 2

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, i am a basi lv.1 instructor, and now i'd like to go further. Im an experienced rider (10+ seasons on the board), and the basi trainer on lv.1 course told me that i am very good, but i never hit a snowpark(sigh). I love flatland and big part of our course was dedicated to ollies, presses, spins etc.. but i haven't ever tried rails or boxes, big jumps.. so my question is: which freestyle level is required to pass basi level 2?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For L2 your freestyle requirements going into the course are absolutely minimal. If you can force round a 180 ever way on piste, and you're not going to bottle a straight air over a green kicker, then you'll be absolutely fine.

What do you mean when you say 10+ seasons of riding? Do you mean 200 weeks, or 10 weeks of snowboarding?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi man, thanks! I mean it's 10years since i snowboarded for the first time.. i usually go boarding every weekend from mid november to april, and i have done a couple of summer camps!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok, then make sure you take some lessons from a trainer who knows the pass criteria and will give you an honest assessment of where you stand. While you've got 2 weeks on the course to get yourself up to speed, if you've not been riding in the perscribed style (even if you're more generally competent than other riders!) you're not going to find it easy. Where do you ride? I'm sure we can find you a suitable instructor in your vicinity.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks jiagedaping, this is probably the best option! The only problem is that i live in Italy (i ride in Trentino), i did my lv.1 course at Val d'IIsere (~650km from home), so it would be difficult and expensive for me to reach a Basi trainer only to do a couple of days of training. I'm trying to find a B.a.s.i. school where i could to the 35hours required for lv.2, and in the while (or straight after) take lessons from a B.a.s.i. trainer..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The specific requirements for freestyle on level 2 are:

Straight air with a grab over a small-medium size kicker (4m).

50-50 on a flat box.

180's on the piste / flat (ideally all 4).

You can probably already do the 180's if you're into flatland stuff. The kicker and box requirements are both very easy, just go practise (there must be a park somewhere near you?).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy