Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania - Ski Hire for New Years

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We're heading to La Tania this year for New Years week.

Starting to think about equipment hire (skis).

Anyone have any recommendations or better still, discount codes(!) for somewhere in La Tania to hire skis from?

Any thoughts/recommendations greatly received.

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where are staying in La Tania?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Snowpie,

We're staing in Chalet Kola, I think it's nearer the top end of the village, where the Green run crosses the Red run.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chopkins13, not a great deal of help, but, IIRC, there are (or were) three ski gear hire shops in La Tania, all fairly close together (the centre really isn't that big). Caveat - this was 7-8 years ago, so maybe that has changed.

There is a British website for La Tania http://www.latania.co.uk/ which is a great source of info. Was really useful when I went.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Cacciatore,

From what I can deduce on the net it would appear not much has changed in that there are three hire shops still.

Does anyone know of the best websites to try and book through for the lowest prices?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We used these people a couple of years ago. http://la-tania.skimium.co.uk They were very helpful and the web site has some discount opportunities.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Chopkins13

Personal choice really. Here's a list.

http://la-tania.skiset.co.uk: used it. Liked it. But used by Thomson, Crystal skis etc... So gets crazy in rush hours. Lots of good skis if booked well in advance. IF they don't have what you ordered they usually get you a pair of better ones.

http://www.skihigher.com which is an online service that offers mobile ski rental service from Skimium/Sport 2000 (it's confusing, but they are all the same shop) in La Tania. You need to book in advance. They have a rather big warehouse in Moutiers. So don't book last minute with them if you have specific skis in mind. It's more expensive than going into the shop but saves you the trip to the shop and queue up when it gets really busy.

http://ski-hire.twinner-sports.co.uk/ski-resort/la-tania

This one is relatively small and cheap: http://www.alpinresorts.com/en/ski-rental/france/rhone-alpes/la-tania/interlocation-courchevel-la-tania

There are other smaller ski rental shops too.

Advantage with renting from Skimium or Skiset is they have shops all over the 3v. So if you have a problem with your skis, you can just walk into another of their shops to ask for help. Having said that, most people in 3V are very helpful anyway.

Hope it helps. My only advise is, if the shop offers different categories of skis and you know the skis you want to rent then book them as soon as you can. In doing so you'd allow them more time to reserve them for you.

If you are going to La Tania on the Saturday just after the new year, it should be very quiet. So you'll almost have the whole 3V for yourself which is great.

Hope it helps
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Might be worth considering Ski Republic in 1650. I used them last xmas for 2 adults and two kids and saved over £130 for skis and boots against the cheapest option in La Tania. It was all brand new kit. If you have your own boots its even easier as you can catch the bus and ski back. Drop skis off at the end of the week and get the bus back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chopkins13, there is an intersport in La Tania which we have used for the last couple of seasons. They have a teenager rate for ski hire if one of your party fits that category. SkiMum which is the skihigher shop is another one we have used in the past. I would suggest that you go online and get prices for both. Last year Intersport had an online offer around the time of the ski shows in the UK that gave discount if you booked hire between 23 Oct and 28 Oct 2013. There might be a similar offer this year. So we used that last year and it was much cheaper.

But as I am sure you know cheaper does not always mean the quality you are looking for. Skihigher I feel had better kit, and they are promoted by www.latania.co.uk who are normally a good judge on most things in La Tania

We are also out during New Year week again this year and know the area pretty well now (as do many on this forum - I am certainly no expert), but if you have any other questions about the area just ask!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the posts guys.

Have checked out aplinresorts.com and these guys seem to offer the best price - think we'll take a punt on them and see what we get.

Cheers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used Intersport a few times - http://www.intersport-rent-france.co.uk - worth checking for price
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Booked some skis from Twinner in LT recently and they had an offer on for a free upgrade to the next equipment grade with code TWCLASSE Smile
Otherwise the price is similar to Alpinresorts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Both Twinner and AlpinResorts appear to be agents for the Intersport hire shop in La Tania.

I booked through Twinner and collected from Intersport; thought the skis were so-so considering I selected the top price point. I had a pair of Rossignol S86 with big chunks chipped out of the topsheet, and in need of sharpening. My friends also complained of blunt edges from the same shop.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well I got my skis from the intersport shop in La Tania at New Years - similar problem to @iMacThere4iAm, the skis were bashed and old and had rusty edges! Demanded a different set but the edges were still not very sharp at all. It was quite icy that week and I struggled, often to the point where it was dangerous. If you have an alternative option (such as a different village or deliver direct) then I would avoid if at all possible.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy