Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheapest option for lift passes for several trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just testing the water as to the best way to approach several trips this winter.
My girlfriend is working the season in Val D'Isere this winter whilst I stay at home, neither work or the mortgage will give me 5 months off. I'm hoping to go out 4 times or so, maybe one week and three long weekends, so hopefully 18 days skiing. If I buy a lift pass for x amount of days, do they run consecutively or does a day only expire once you've used the pass that day? The other option is the 'a la carte' pass I've seen on the web, does anyone have any experience of this?
Thank you for any information
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This would probably suit you best as you are charged, retrospectively, only for the days you ski
http://www.skialacarte.fr/en/ski-card.php
We have used it for our last two years skiing and it worked without a hitch in Les Arcs, La Plagne, Tignes and Val D'Isere
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jamis, some places will sell non/consecutive days at a modest premium to consec days. They're clearly indicated.

"a la carte" seems a reasonable idea particularly if you are doing only a few days. In Cham I believe that the analogous system charges you only for use and only at the cheapest possible tarif that would have accommodated your skiing.

However, a typical calculation on most (esp. early bird discounted) season passes is that the breakeven is somewhere between 11 (Grand Massif) and ~20 days skiing.

You need a spreadsheet.

A quick look at the EK rates and break even is 22 days (assuming no early bird discounts on season passes available). A la Carte would be looking like the way forward without digging too deeply.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's brilliant, thanks guys, I think I'll go with the A la carte option, looks to be the best bet given that I'm just below the break even threshold, also means I can spread the cost over more of the winter rather than ~€1000 up front. I also don't think I could bear sitting in the office knowing I had a season pass going to waste in my ski jacket! Thanks again! J
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy