Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need advice - Where to ski from Paris in early December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A buddy of mine will be in Paris on December 10th. He would like to take a train and get in about 3 days of skiing either before or after Dec. 10th.

Where can I direct him?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you can get a train from paris to a number of french ski resorts, have a look at the eurostar website, or snowcarbon.com or seat61.com.
easiest ski resort by train is Les Arcs, driect to Bourg st Maurice then 8 minute mountain railway journy to Les Arcs 1600
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at www.voyages-sncf.com
If that redirects to the English version I suggest reverting to French, the English one doesn't seem to e.g. have all the Paris stations at the appropriate drop down.

Following on from the above advice...
Your friend could get the overnight train from Paris Austerlitz to Bourg St Maurice on a Friday dep 23:12-ish (assuming they keep the same timings in winter) arriving in BStM at 07:40. Out the back of the station to th efunicular, up to Arc 1600, sort things out and ski for Saturday and Sunday.
Return train, again an overnight departing Sunday 20:24 (use fooderies and bars near the station in BStM prior to journey). Arrive Paris 06:21 Monday morning, cream crackered but with full bragging rights in the office.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think Les Arcs opens on Saturday 13th Dec
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hethbum, I think you are right about Les Arcs.

However, from Bourg, altajoe, might be able to pick up a bus to Tignes, which is open in early December. In season they run frequently.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Courchevel and Meribel are due to open on 6th December 2014 and they are holding ladies world cup racing in Courchevel on the 13th and 14th December if snow conditions permit.
He could take the train from Paris to Moutiers and then a bus or taxi up to Courchevel.
Val Thorens is due to open on 22nd November, again accessible from Moutiers.

Another option is Val d'Isere and Tignes, that is normally open towards the end of November and can be reached from Bourg St Maurice. They are holding mens world cup racing in Val d'Isere on the 13th and 14th December so worth a visit.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
See how the snow is and get a late one
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Val d'Isere/Tignes ski area is probably the surest snow at the start of the season and public buses run up the valley from Bourg St Maurice station to both. Tignes is the higher resort of the two.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've passed on the info. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Deux Alpes opens at the end of November, high glacier resort. Train to Grenoble then local bus up to resort.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy