Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maldives - advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will need to leave the skis at home for this one Sad but 20th Wedding Anniversary next year and I will get severe grief from my better half if we do not go there (especially given that I am hoping to get away with the boys to St Anton in March after an absence of 3 years Sad )

Having had a quick look Kuredo Island Resort looks to be pretty nice and not too expensive either - hoping to keep under £3k for the week - all inclusive.

Looking to go at the end of May - has anyone been at this time of year and is the weather good?

Also if anyone can recommend any good places in budget, I would welcome any hints and tips. Looks like Glasgow - Dubai - Maldives is a decent option for me (ideally want to fly from Glasgow/Edinburgh)

Thanks in advance

Bob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haven't been to that island or at that time of year but it's hard to go wrong IMHO. I went for a holiday of a lifetime and went again 2 years later!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, Bob, if you're looking at doing it on a budget, take a look at http://www.asdu.com/introduction.htm and their reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g6855101-d595210-Reviews-Asdu_Sun_Island-Asdhoo_Island.html

It's a bit of a Marmite place, but goes back to the old 'no news, no shoes' days of the Maldives, rather than the current crop of luxury places. At that time of year it would be around £70 per person per night full board. Their drinks are not extortionate, either.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It's a bit of a Marmite place, but goes back to the old 'no news, no shoes' days of the Maldives, rather than the current crop of luxury places.

that sounds good. Having done some of the Caribbean and South Pacific places in the "no news no shoes" days I'd much prefer that to the luxury resorts. Showers are a bucket with holes in the bottom.....fans rather than air conditioning. Hum of a generator along with the surf on the shore to lull you to sleep. (No generator = no fan).

Was on one of the offshore islands in Fiji once, backpacker place essentially. One of the other guests was a merchant banker from London. On the day of his departure it blew up a bit and the Fijian boat boys said it was too dangerous to leave, he'd have to wait. He said he'd pay for a better boat. They just laughed. He asked them to charter a helicopter for him. They laughed even harder...... Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can't add anything re Maldives but will be up for a few turns on St Anton if you are there with your pals first week March! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks. 1st week in March already booked by some of the lads. If I do get to go it will be for 4 days or so Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The monsoon arrives in May/June. If it comes early you will get force 4-5 wind, showers and choppy seas. Great if you like windsurfing/kitesurfing, but not so good for snorkeling. If you just want to lie in the sun and read a book it wont make much difference. If I was on a budget I would look at Egypt or Kenya - went to Mombasa earlier this year before the troubles got going and had a fantastic 25th anniversary - Beer only 80p! Maldives is very artificial and manicured these days compared to 25 years ago.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy