Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flight to Japan - Air France sale

Poster: A snowHead
got an email from visit Japan "Air France has launched an amazing Japan flight sale with flights from London Heathrow to Tokyo or Osaka/Kyoto on sale from £499 return, including all taxes and charges. Sale ends 3 September 2014"
http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/local/resainfovol/meilleuresoffres/flights-from-uk-to-tokyo.htm

Thought it might be of interest to anyone wanting to visit
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great deal as long as Russia doesnt close its air space.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Air France are just about the worst of the long haul airlines. I elwoukd pay extra and fly with another carrier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
radar, not flown long haul with them , can't comment , have a look at Skytrax. Price seems good
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for heads up but had a look at flights over Winter and it came to £900. Swiss are selling return flights to/from Tokyo for around £560 (free ski carriage too, so you get skis+23kg). Much better deal.. last time I flew to Japan with Air France/KLM it was a nightmare. CDG doesn't help either..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got a direct return to narita for 600 including skis on Virgin Atlantic. Much cheaper than last year and still loads of tickets. Swiss looks good but you've got to connect. Can't wait. J
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Air France are just about the worst of the long haul airlines. I elwoukd pay extra and fly with another carrier.

Not my experience. I must say they by far the best food I ever had on long haul.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Daughter flew air france with tennis bag, she was about 8kg overweight and it cost me best part of £100 baggage fee.(BA allowed free tennis bags) they charged nearly £500 for the group. said i would never fly with them and i still havnt. just call me stubborn rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Radar spotted a good deal, yeah you connect, but I've never had a problem with AF, the food is very good like Stan says.
check your bag weight and sports equipment carriage with any carrier.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, I've had Dutch food and can understand how you thought AF food was good.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dbeatski, except its £300 more than airlines like Virgin and Swiss over the Winter period, and if you fly via CDG you can pretty much guarantee your bag gets lost for a few days.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
stanton, I've had Dutch food and can understand how you thought AF food was good.

Laughing Laughing

Now if only Yorkshire Airlines flew to Japan....

http://youtube.com/v/6VLYpKGVBUg

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

if you fly via CDG you can pretty much guarantee your bag gets lost for a few days.

Yes.

Quote:

I elwoukd pay extra and fly with another carrier.

And yes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One tip re. flying FROM Japan.

While the main leg of your flight will probably be with a big airline, the internal Tokyo-Sapporo flight will likely be with one of their smaller Japanese partners, who have different rules on ski carriage. HOWEVER, flying rules state the baggage policy of the airline you're flying with for the longest leg of the journey apply, as long as you've booked the journey all the way through with them. Make sure you've printed off that page of the airline regulations though!

I had no problems flying outwards with a 190cm ski bag, but on my way back JAL tried to charge me for extra/oversized baggage for my skis. Luckily I'd printed the page from BA so it was ok. Also pay attention to maximum length of the skis allowed - BA said 190, but I had 194cm skis... Luckily I noticed when the girl went to measure the skis and just pointed out the 190cm stamp on the bag, but if the bag was unmarked I would still have had to pay extra. Gotta love Dakine for making ski bags longer than the stated length!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timmahh, return to japan for £200?, I'm there! Gimme some of that !
What are the dates?

Ok, and I fly AF long-haul a lot, never had a problem with lost bags either.
snow report
The tax on its own from UK to Japan (return) is £375 or so.
That makes the Air France price of £499 a real bargain, because they are only getting £124 to fly you there and back!
snow report
Well it is difficult to look at prices, you need to know exactly when to fly date and time of day - prices can change within few hours. Puzzled
Just spend july over there - even touched snow Shocked ! NehNeh NehNeh But no skiing with 36 degrees C in Tokyo.

For my part Finair has been ok in price and service though not non stop. And Finair/JAL have a nice cooporation. Very Happy SAS is just to expencive.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 21-08-14 19:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
dbeatski, Laughing I searched mid-dec to mid-feb and got back £900 from AF. If there is a Winter flight for £500 then that is a great deal, especially with the current £/Yen rate.
snow report
radar, With finair I can come al the way to Sapporo for 494 pound. (january 16-24) Copenhagen Sapporo return Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Hyst, Finnair are good price-wise, but they absolutely refused to confirm (or deny!) if there's an oversize baggage charge for skis when I spoke to them last year. All they could say was "you have to ask at the airport when you get there." Too risky for me when BA where only about 80 pounds more.
snow conditions
clarky999,

http://www.finnair.com/INT/GB/information-services/baggage/sports-equipment/skiing

They have some clear rules I think. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy