Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Train times to Moutiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the train times from Paris to Moutiers are likely to be, next February? With my very rusty school french I've bumbled around the SNCF website enough to find one overnight train that arrives at about 7 in the morning. Is there a later sleeper, or just the one each night? I've searched the forums but not found a definitive answer...can anyone help?
Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are talking about the sleeper, then there is normally (ie last 10 years) one Corail service that leaves Gare D'Austerlitz at 2230 and arrives at about 0700. During the season there will be a number of daytime TGV services from Gare du Lyon, more at weekends. The tickets normally go on sale 3 months in advance.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A similar thread from last year about the service from Paris to Bourg St Maurice - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92179&highlight=
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are, at weekends, usually 2 sleeper trains. They set off at different times (one around 9pm, the other around 11pm, from memory) but arrive at fairly similar times.

Good places to get the info you want are:

http://www.seat61.com/France.htm#London to the French Alps by train

http://snowcarbon.co.uk/ski-resorts

Both will still be showing last year's timetable (the one for the coming winter probably won't be available till around November) but should give you an idea of what's typical.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, I am looking at the overnight trains. I thought I'd seen somewhere a reference to a train that arrived slightly later (8 ish) which would work slightly better for us. But perhaps not. Are there places open in Moutiers at 7am to get breakfast and kill some time before getting a transfer up to the mountains? Going direct at 7 would get us up to our chalet before the previous week's guests leave which wouldn't be ideal...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yip

There are a number of cafes within a couple of 100 metres of the station in Moutiers. Also check with your chalet - they may be able to put your bags in a room so you can than walk round the resort and get orientated (or even a ski??)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mgrolf, yes, there are hotels and bakeries open at that time who will all be happy to provide some breakfast.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
does anyone know when the snow train start as i need to in val d'isere on the 29th / 30th on november....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
which resort you staying in ? in Meribel and Mottaret you can get an early breakfast and I am sure the others will have someplace open... Better to get up the hill on the earliest transfer coach to beat the rush up the hill rather than having breaky in Moutiers imv
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ajc2260626, Not sure of the start dates for the snow train but as the EK opens on the 29th Nov and Les Arcs and 3V are 2 weeks later (Val T aside) there may not be much market for it. Might be worth booking a TGV to Bourg and hitching/catch the bus to Val. Altibus from GVA is very sporadic at this time of year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ajc2260626, by snow train, do you mean the direct Eurostar, or something else? Regular French trains run all year round to Bourg St Maurice. The direct Eurostar train runs from the week before Christmas I think.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

which resort you staying in ?

skimottaret, staying in Reberty. We can drop bags off, but arriving before 8:30 or so risks overlapping with the departing guests which just doesn't sound like a great idea. But breakfast up the mountain rather than in a tired cafe does Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The restaurant attached to the hotel le Terminus opposite the station in Moutiers is quite a reasonable place for breakfast if you have to wait for the bus or transfer coach.

You sometimes have to pay extra for an early transfer and there is usually a bit of a wait between the train arriving and the local buses running so it is always an option.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy