Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia Skiing and Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone, first time posting so I do hope you'll bare with me were I to say/ask something foolish..
I've never gone skiing anywhere other than Austria and I don't know anyone to ask here in South Africa,
Anyway; I'm planning to do a trip this December with my girlfriend to Breuil-Cervinia and I was wondering if anyone
could maybe offer me some advice on the ski conditions and so on. Honestly I would much appreciate if anyone who feels like helping me out would be okay with me contacting them through a personal message or something?

I would love to hear an opinion or two from someone with actual experience in the area, travel sites seem too sensational.
So yeah, I'd love to hear anything back Smile thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd say it's a good choice for an early season ski, very high, good wide cruisey pistes, and you get to ski over on the Zermatt side (be sure to buy a pass that includes Zermatt). I can't speak about the resort itself, as I have only skied over from Zermatt in late November when the lifts aren't open to the bottom. However, given the extent of the skiing then, by December, I think you will be blown away by the extent of the skiing. The only possible downsides are the downsides of altitude and having all that snow early on in the season - no trees to speak of as the skiing is so high, and the risk of lift closure when the weather closes in.
Make sure you have lunch at the Chalet Etoile on the mountain- bowls of amazing pasta and good value too.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 31-07-14 15:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there ReySunshine, I was there a good few years back in very early Jan. Snow was great, and as Perty says great selection of huge 'motorway reds' to cruise. Ventina and the run down to Valtourneche (snow permitting - it's a long way down to there) are ones to do for sure.

As far as Zermatt goes (don't want to teach granny to suck eggs) it's in a foreign non EU country and theoretically you need your passport to go there. When I was there the TO rep told us that he had had his passport requested at the top station of the cable car at Platta Rossa. When I was there you could extend your lift pass to cover Zermatt on a daily basis, but remember it's more expensive and if you do ski over make sure you have plenty of time to make it back!!

Cervinia left a really good impression, it spewed for three days when I was there and no-one seemed keen on going out - no vis but the memory of being knee deep in fresh on a drag lift will stay with me for ever I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've never been asked for my passport on the top of the mountain! Though I suppose for a South African it might be wise to take it, in the unlikely event that you get stuck over in Zermatt. Prices for on mountain food is noticeably higher on the swiss side. Language isn't a problem-totally multilingual in my experience. I have ordered lunch in Italian, been told how much it is in English, paid for it in Swiss Francs, staff then thanked me in German and I replied Merci!

Each side takes the other's currency (just watch for the excruciating exchange rate-possibly better to have a few swiss francs handy).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great place, we really liked it there. Huge wide gentle long runs that you can really bomb down (in a safe manner of course). Nice to have the option to go over to Zermatt. Never got asked for our passport, but might be useful if you get stuck over the Zermatt side and need to find emergency accommodation!

Cost for food and drink while we were there was comparable with many Austrian resorts we have been to. A fair whack more expensive over the Zermatt side.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy