Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada, bad times to go? Now with added TR

Poster: A snowHead
Just looked at the wiggles again. Looks like it's going to get cold from about the 15th on. Could be significantly colder for the following week........ just need a few snow clouds mixed in and we'll all be good.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very weird weather indeed but we've had great skiing at SSV in the last week. The snow is not our usual feathery-powder snow--it's more Whistler like. But we've had plenty of it. And while I miss the dry snow it does make a very nice change to be worrying about getting too warm rather than worrying about getting frostnip.

@lynnecha, Totally agree about the Goat--even on a crazy day you can be on the Goat and feel like you're away from it all. Love Pateley, btw. Originally from Harrogate and North Yorkshire is the only place in the UK I could go back to after living here. If I hear a Yorkshire accent in Java Lift in a couple of weeks I will be sure to say hello!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Appreciate any reports of BC or Alberta in the coming weeks. Due to arrive 7th March...bookedWhistler but asked agent to look at alternatives even though it will cost plenty Sad
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx,Daughter is out for season in Whistler again, personal weather forecasts available if you want. Not good at the moment though as it was rain at the peak a couple of days ago. Plenty of base down now though. It did seem to be a Snowhead Honeymoon capital in January but not seen anything posted from them - must be too busy wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jake43, I think we have cracked. ..just about to press the button on change to sun peaks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Jake43, I think we have cracked. ..just about to press the button on change to sun peaks

Is that actually any better?

It is really toasty here at the moment, and though Northern BC got hammered, not sure Sun Peaks is far enough North (in fact looking at their snow report, clearly not as they got less snow than Whistler last week)

Was pondering how to cope with another 3 months of April this morning Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, dont jump ship to soon unless you have to !! a month is a long time in snow terms , this weekend is not looking good , then the trend is colder , i was there first week in march last year and had three fresh powder days on the run and a backcountry trip with snow to die for . and as stuarth says things will not be much different in sun peaks
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stuarth, its a gamble but the temps look lower with less rain forecast. Last time I went to wwhistler it rained quite a bit then too. I think I'm jyst not enthused for it
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dabber, as previous post. Im not feeling the love for whistler at all. We went to sun peaks last year and loved it. I've never abandoned in 25 years of skiing so happy to make a call this once
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How about Big White?

We are going next week and conditions look pretty damn good to me - 50+cm of fresh snow in the last 8 or 9 days. There was I believe a little bit of light rain for a day right at the base but temps have generally been at or just above freezing. Looks set to be warm and dry until weekend with colder temps thereafter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nickr, it was one of the options we asked about. It wasn't possible. I like big white too
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, I would love to try Sun Peaks too but I don't fancy the extra hassle for the journey. Hence we just keep going to Whistler. I have been 8 times in March/April and never had rain on the mountain. Obviously it does happen but who knows when it is going to. Look forward to hearing how you liked it. After all Nancy Greene moved there from Whistler and she must have a better view of things than I do.

I could never imagine that it would get up to 40c in summer either.... strange place
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Joules2210, we will be knocking about from 23Feb to 10March. Look out for the little Snowheads sticker on my helmet! The Dales are stunning at the moment, cold and sunny, I am sure at great as you remember. Looking forward to Canada, it's the highlight of our year. Thanks for all the updates everyone, very helpful.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, fair call , I was lucky enough to have my son doing a season out there , so got to find a few of whistlers secret places , which made it great , but sun peaks looks great too , enjoy snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dabber, @Jake43, we loved it when we went last season, the skiing was good intermediate and we skied just about every run in resort apart from double black diamond. We started at one end of resort and worked our way round then went back to favourites. We also went dog sledding which was fab. The journey was a PITA but that's because the connecting flight was delayed, otherwise no hassle.
snow report
Sat in Heathrow now so I guess all the forecasting, prevaricating and navel gazing can now come to an end. In about 36 hours I'll be there and getting my kit together for the first day. It looks like it's getting cooler at least. I'll try to update when I'm there. snowHead
snow report
Looks pretty cold from what I can see? Some snow in the forecast too.

I'm really excited - the next 3.5 days of work are going to drag big time.

Anyone know of some good places to go for local beers/microbrews in the Banff area? If they exist of course.

Our itinerary is something like Banff-Fernie-Revelstoke-Kicking Horse-Banff, so any recommendations for stuff to see in those places much appreciated.

If you see someone in purple salopettes, red checked Rossignol jacket, grey Salomon helmet, skiing Scott Aztecs, and accompanied by two much better skiers and a boarder (or potentially sitting on my own at the top of something scary and crying), then it's probably me so say hi!
snow conditions
We are there from Monday for two weeks. I have a small snow heads sticker in my helmet (small lady in red jacket, black helmet,) please also make yourself known.....now we just need a bit of Spring Snowfall. Ski safe everyone!
ski holidays
Well I'm here now. Arrived at 11pm local time after 22hours or so travel. Slept for three and a half hours and now women. It's about 5 am.

The bus driver reckoned it was a poor year, but there's snow and 'it is what you make of it' so I'm going to.

Forecast is warming with maybe a sprinkle on Thursday or Friday.

I'm here from Monday to Monday then Banff for a week. Mid four ties, long hair, goatee. Black helmet, Red marmot jacket, khaki troose, Rome anthem snowboard(black) with flouro yellow bindings. (Might answer to the name Roger or rog. )

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 17-02-15 15:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@rogg, But where is here
latest report
Aha, that'd be the lack of sleep then. Revelstoke.
snow conditions
Just got back from 12 days in Fernie -if you go there its getting a bit thin at the bottom, there was some good "Spring Skiing" further up

Also went to Lake Louise and that was fine - really nice skiing

Let me know if you want some recommendations for Fernie if you decide to take it in
snow conditions
Definitely 'spring' conditions from top to bottom. Hard pack refrozen in the morning softening in the sun, sugary at the bottom in the afternoon. Some lower areas - kill the banker, gnarnia etc closed. You can see why hen you're in the gondie. Snow forecast for tonight or tomorrow, but doesn't look like a lot.

Ate at 'Isabella's' Italian last night. Quite nice and not too expensive. Off up the hill soon, later start today to let it cook a bit.
latest report
Pretty similar day up the hill yesterday.

Ate at the taco club which was novel. It's a bar with a mobile catering truck outside. Mount begbie, tequila and burritos.

Light snow now. Trying to be optimistic there may be more up the hill but I'm not convinced it'll make much difference. Forecast to get colder for the weekend.
snow report
Fernie have had snow making in operation at the bottom and have heard today that its below freezing

Definitely looking better in BC for Sunday temp wise, not sure about how much snow might fall
ski holidays
Went to Lake Louise on Saturday just gone and it was decent, if a little slushy in places. Son went to sunshine on sunday and it was good. Heard LL was icy on sunday as it was coldish.

OH off to marmot this weekend for a race, me at LL.

@bobmcstuff, would look closely at the fernie situation if I were you. Might still be Ok, but I would be a bit careful. Castle mountain closed for the season.
snow report
The sprinkle earlier added a bit of fluff to push around on the surface, but made no significant difference here. Maybe a few more flurries overnight?

I heard on the bus today jasper is going to get 70cm in the next couple of days and sunshine about 25. Allegedly. Cold snap over the weekend too. Anecdotally kicking horse is 'crap' compared with Revelstoke.
snow conditions
gryphea wrote:

@bobmcstuff, would look closely at the fernie situation if I were you. Might still be Ok, but I would be a bit careful. Castle mountain closed for the season.

Thank you, Fernie is quite a bit further south than the other places we were planning. Based on the above it might be worth going to Jasper instead which is a similar distance North. Would add a little bit extra driving in but not much.

Will have 2 drivers so a bit of extra driving shouldn't be much bother.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bobmcstuff, @Burrow01, seems to think its OK, but Like I said we went there for a ski cross race, they had 8 inches of snow on the Thursday by the Friday they had 4 inches and a lot more rain due (top to bottom) . I don't think they have had a big dump since and they have had a lot of warm temperatures. The rain wasn't really reported anywhere on their website and all their web cams are at the top.

Will report back on marmot after Oh has been. The drive is very pretty
snow report
Hi, Not suggesting Fernie was great - just that it had improved from last week when I was there - had been snow making at the bottom etc and the weather looked to be cooling

Given where he is currently - I'd head back over to Alberta for the best conditions rather than drive south to Fernie

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression
ski holidays
Just looked at snow forecast and they're saying 7 not 70 for today for jasper.
snow report
Burrow01 wrote:

Given where he is currently - I'd head back over to Alberta for the best conditions rather than drive south to Fernie

Yeah, that was my thinking.
snow conditions
Just went to write down my car hire reference, pooed myself a little bit (actually a lot) when I noticed I'd accidentally booked it for Sunday. Not Saturday when I'm actually getting there.

Then the website said I couldn't have an extra day. Fortunately a nice Canadian lady fixed it all for me.
latest report
It flickered here all day yesterday. Nearly enough to soften things up, but still polished patches and some actual ice in one or two spots lower down. Wall to wall sun for the next few days. Goggles tan time.
snow conditions
Skiied Sunshine today. Great conditions, no idea what the fuss was about Smile

Off piste a bit thin to be fair and the car park run is really icy so downloading is a sensible option. Generally the pistes were nice and grippy.

Might try out lake Louise tomorrow.

Pleasantly surprised by the on hill food prices, about the same number in dollars as I'd expect to pay in euros but more of it and with the exchange rate being so good it's way cheaper.
snow report
@bobmcstuff, Banff had snow recently and hasn't had the freeze thaw that some of the other resorts have had. Going to be on the greyhound to Banff tomorrow. Due to snow Tuesday night, Wednesday and then sprinkle a bit later in the week. If you go back to sunshine the Beef Pho is really nice. wink
ski holidays
@bobmcstuff,

OH said conditions were really good in Jasper, apparently they are having a good season. Lake Louise yesterday was OK
snow conditions
In airport now waiting for our flight to Calgary. Thanks guys for the updates. Really looking forward to it now and even more so with the good reports.
snow report
Just packing before hopping on the bus to Banff. Due to snow tomorrow night. snowHead
latest report
Skiied lake Louise today. Snow's very thin off piste. Hard and fast pistes in the morning, softening after lunch. Some of the front side very icy and scoured. Overall a good day though.

Got peer pressured into doing a chute off the top button lift after lunch, I made the inside of my salopettes a nice brown colour.

Lake Louise is the best scenery of anywhere i have ever skiied, no question. Every new view was incredible.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy