Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal Snow Report 2014/15

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pistes still holding up well in Kaltnbach today, bit warmer in the morning so no ice but lots of big soft moguls to play in. For folk visiting Mayrhofen next week. - have at least one day out in Kaltenbach/Hochfugen and another day out in Zell am Ziller. Both are great ski areas that I prefer to Mayrhofen. Although I skiied the Penken area a couple of days ago and really enjoyed it. In previous years the crowds there have put me off but it was fairly quiet on Wednesday, probably because the weather forecast was much worse than the reality.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Left Mayhofen on Saturday having skied in powder over packed artificial pistes all week. Loads of new snow, snowing as we left. I would avoid Eggal as lower run isstony with clumps of grass.

Got stuck on that side of hill Thursday as lifts suffered power cut. Cue hundreds of people waiting for a bus. With Austrian efficiency a fleet of buses turned up to return us all to the Hoff within 40 mins
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The conditions so far this season could probably be described as variable.
We had a useful amount of new snow yesterday though, around 40cm, which is nice Smile Today was forecast to be cold and sunny, so of course the whole world came skiing in Hochfügen. As expected because of the new snow by 10am the pistes were already getting bumpy. The piste machines will be busy right now, flattening it all out again. There's more snow forecast for Friday and Saturday, just in time for the Freeride World Tour Qualifier Big Mountain competition ( http://www.bigmountain-hochfuegen.com/content/home ) Hopefully enough to be useful, but not too much that the conditions become more dangerous than they already are.
There are a couple of photos on my Facebook page (link in my signature) from today.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the update . off to mayrhofen next week. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just wanted to say... Hero snow Smile That's all Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drove down from Vorderlanersbach yesterday. Light snow throughout day. Now in Innsbruck airport where snow has been falling steadily for last 4 hours. Needless to say Easy jet flight out scheduled for 11.00 hasn't even arrived yet. For anyone coming in conditions in the Zillertal should be great!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's been snowing (lightly) since Friday with variable visibility. It's been cold so the new snow is light and fluffy. On piste is lovely, off piste has been interesting due to the variable visibility. So that's nice Smile
The guy in charge of safety for the Big Mountain competition was hoping that the window in the weather that was forecast for Saturday would be large enough for all the competitors to ski. Unfortunately, the clouds only cleared long enough for 2 skiers before they closed in again. It has been postponed until tomorrow. The forecast looks ok for tomorrow morning although now the worry is that wind overnight will increase the avalanche danger level.
The longer term forecast is for snow, little but often, for the whole of this week, so hopefully, by the end of the week there will be a good amount.
The humps and hollows are starting to fill in now so the ski area is starting to look more like winter and less like autumn!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glorious!!
The clouds cleared and the sun came out for Big Mountain Hochfügen.
I was teaching all morning so didn't have a chance to take pictures, however, I managed a few from the beginner lift.
http://alpinefreedom.blogspot.co.at/2015/01/hero-snow-and-sunshine-in-hochfugen.html
The forecast is for 20cm of snow overnight Very Happy and then more on and off all week. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions in Hochfügen are great at the moment. The ski area has been fairly busy for the past few weeks but the snow conditions have been good. Some new snow fell over the last few days and today I had a couple of hours of free ski time. Yay! Very Happy I paused, briefly, to take some pictures... http://alpinefreedom.blogspot.co.at/2015/02/a-few-hours-off-in-hochfugen.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy