Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding Remount Position Line SFB

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
My son has just got some new boots .... unfortunately they are about 10mm shorter bsl than his old boots.
He has Marker Griffons on a 2012 Line Sir Francis Bacon 172cms.
The bsl on the old boots was 316 and the new boots are 306mm.
There is not enough adjustment on the Griffons ... the heel unit is out of the thread before the boot will fit.
Question is - do I need to remount the heel and toe pieces or can I get away with just doing heel or toe and in that case which is better ... so if I did that is the ski better skied with forward boot location or back ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bit more info ... been measuring !
If I leave the toe piece as mounted then the new boots will be 5mm forwards of the recommended mid sole point.
Reading some reviews of mounting points for this ski ... general view was at recommended or slightly behind ... which suggests to me that moving just the toe binding back by 10mm should work.
The boot will fit and will be positioned 5mm behind the recommended mid sole point.
Does that make sense ?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PBJ wrote:
......which suggests to me that moving just the toe binding back by 10mm should work. The boot will fit and will be positioned 5mm behind the recommended mid sole point. Does that make sense ?

Yep, do that.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers Jon
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have owned a pair of SFBs for years (so mine are probably similar vintage to yours). IIRC the recommended mount point is pretty much the centre of the ski. That's great if you are going to use them in the park / ski backwards a lot / pull helicopters all the time or whatever. Otherwise I am pretty sure that mounting backwards of the line (even by a reasonable amount) will be just fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
(I don't do any of that fancy stuff, BTW Laughing )
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy