Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Kitzbuhel....any recommendations on accomodations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year Snowheads pointed me in the right direction for accomodations when my father and I went to Wengen. This year Kitzbuhel is on the list and I'm hoping that I might win again with your advice on places to stay!

All input welcome.

Also, is there an online site to acquire lift tickets? Or do you have to purchase directly at the mountain?

Thanks so much!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nextascent, I've stayed at the Hotel Montana which is 3.5 star and located right next to the main Hahnenkamm lift. It's a few mins. walk from the town centre and you can ski back within a few metres of the hotel, so it's in a great location. The rooms were a decent size, most with balcony, the hotel had a small bar and the food was good too. There is also a swimming pool.

You can buy lift passes at the main Hahnenkamm lift station.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed in the Astron Sporthotel and it was wonderful. 4 star I think; only drawback was 10min walk to lifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have stayed in the Alpenhof in Kirchberg. Very convenient for both skiing and Kitzbuhel. Kirchberg is very nice.
Have a look at the Alpenhof pool. Fab or what !!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although it's been a few years since I was there, I can second Hayley's advice - the Montana is a bit of a gem.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want a really unique experience you can stay in the "hotel" at the top of the hahnemkann lift. A rustic old building just below the lift station and near the starting hut of the DH. I've eaten there and the owner showed me around the bedrooms and the dorm-style rooms for more "friendly" groups. They run the lift til midnight so you can get back and carry on in the bar (not quite sure what you do if you miss the last lift though!). Apparently the place can get v v lively depending on the cliental... mostly young Germans. It's called the Hochegghutte or something like that. Cheap too. Suggest you enquire at the Tourist Office.

Please stay there and dry run it for me.

Otherwise, if budget is not an issue, I can recommend the Weisses Rossl.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to the Hotel Haselsberger when I was in Kitzbuhel 2 years ago and it was very good, I was surprised because it was one of the cheapest Kitzbuhel hotels in the Inghams brochure! Conveniently close to the Hahnenkamm gondola.

A top place for single travellers, only £1.50 a night single supplement! Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nextascent. yes i agree with RichardB its a great hotel its about 2mins walk in your ski boots to the Hahnenham gondola, there's also a good bar across the road so when you ski from the top to the bottom you just go straight in the bar for a bit of apres ski and then you can stagger across the road to the hotel when you've finished, then you go into town its a good crack
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah..once again, excellent help. Thanks much! Happy to return the favor if any of you are Colorado bound Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another thumbs up for Hasselsberger. Very friendly and gorgeous views of the Hannenkam on one side or Kitzbuhel on the other. Not luxurious but cheap and very hospitable. 1 min from Hannenkam gondola.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How were Mr & Mrs Haselsberger, Durham Red?

Very friendly people, they made me feel immediately at home. Next time I'm in Kitzbuhel I'll be staying there, if possible!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy