Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will any goggles work, or will they always fog?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
foxtrotzulu, Instructors wear them a lot partly because they are often not skiing at speed when taking classes and spend a lot of time observing their class ski. I agree, if you are pottering about on the slopes then goggles are not always called for. If you regularly ski quickly then they have advantages.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa, I fully agree about the wind. Until recently, every time I went over about 20mph my eyes would water so much I could hardly see a thing. That's why I was recommending these:

(Or something similar)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
foxtrotzulu wrote:

Not sure why you think sunglasses and helmets look silly. Loads of people wear them, including instructors.

Dave of the Marmottes, Regarding the eyewear shuffle, do you still wear your goggles when sitting in the sun, eating lunch outside a mountain restaurant?

Not sure instructors are the arbiters of practicality or function when it comes to equipment given we'd still be trying to bend zee knees or face the wally on 2 m straight skis if a posse of average instructors were in charge of innovation.

On the latter, of course, it's practically the definition of vanity to carry a separate pair of shades around for sitting on the terrace. Shades have their function for uphill hiking when usually you'll be taking helmet off too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suffer from fogging up more than most, I generate a a lot of heat while riding so get quite sweaty. I also wear glasses (don't do contacts, too cowardly for surgery - THEY CUT EYE FLAPS PEOPLE!! ) So I tried prescription sunglasses, and I cried like a Oscar winner. So either my goggs misted up or my glasses or both... Until... I bought good goggles. I got a 2nd hand pair of Oakley OTGs off someone on here and my misting up problems went away overnight.

The other biggie which helped no end was when I bought a new helmet with much better than your average ventilation - I used to be able to wring the liner of my old lid out like a sponge, but with a better ventilated helmet I'm warm but not dripping anymore, which helps the goggle situation too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes, so, was that you just confirming that you do sit outside a mountain restaurant drinking a beer and eating your lunch while still wearing goggles? Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Course - how am I gunna keep up my bitchin panda steez without doing so?

Actually it's more like I can't be arsed carrying fragile sunnies around in a pocket or pack then finding they are broken when I've got eyewear that does the job fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going back to the original question.......I have Smith I/O goggles and like another poster bought a Smith helmet at much the same time. I'd actually bought the helmet first as it was the only one I'd tried that fitted my big bonce perfectly, and needed new goggles as my old ones were not helmet compatible.

The goggles match the brim of the helmet perfectly and there are ventilation holes in the brim to make sure the goggles don't steam up, and it works perfectly. They also have interchangeable lenses for sunny and dull days.

On a sunny day I do often lift the goggles up onto the brim whilst on a chair lift to avoid the severe panda eyes look and haven't had any steam issues as a result. On a crap day I just leave them on obviously as there's little point lifting them as they offer great all round vision.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

ignore uann, he's a fool.

Laughing wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
I suffer from fogging up more than most, I generate a a lot of heat while riding so get quite sweaty. I also wear glasses (don't do contacts, too cowardly for surgery - THEY CUT EYE FLAPS PEOPLE!! )

Not always true, they sometimes scrape your eyeballs instead of cutting them Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy