Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So now I'm shaving my legs...

Poster: A snowHead
...on the recommendation of Hamish at Profeet.

I returned from the PSB with a fine crop of blisters on my shins. His suggestion was that this was due to the hair/skin friction issue and a good idea until my shins returned to mid season condition was to shave the lower parts.

Duly done, to be tested on Friday.

Comments?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whatever floats your boat David Murdoch.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Heavy going... How far up your shin did you get them?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch, I think waxing would be more effective... could do your skis at the same time.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Soooooo - do your balls actually touch powder???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, or shed?

parlor, yeah, not pleasant. As an indicator, you know how compeed falls off once its done its job? It didn't fall off. about half way up at the point of max impact on the boot tongue.

JohnHill, no, I'll leave that for my manly chest.

Scarpa, if they ain't touching powder, the powder ain't deep enough.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, If it's good enough for Lance Armstrong, it should be ok for you. You up to calling Armstrong names? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure I want to know all this... can't you use a shin pad instead..?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, Try it, you might enjoy the feeling Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowbunny, blade or wax?

When I get back from a ski trip the hairs are rubbed off the fromt of my shins, same with riding boots. Do I just have whimp strength hair or do you grow a beard on his shins David Murdoch?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Martin Nicholas,
Quote:

snowbunny, blade or wax?

Either method will work as well. For some guys leg hair on the shins causes irritation in boots. Why suffer Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, Hope you avoid the ingrown hairs that characterised my one and only smooth leg experience Neutral
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My brother suffers from this, he always gets blisters about the size of 50p on each leg, in the same place. He's tried hire boots but it appears that all boots give him the same issue. He's very hairy (like gorriilla hairy). So before he goes skiing he just shaves a patch big enough for the largest Compeed. In nearly always lasts a few days despite baths & showers. It sorted him out... maybe you won't *need* to shave the whole leg. Of course you may *choose* to. Whatever. Twisted Evil Wink Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A friend who is a teacher was for his first ski trip going with his school. He and his pupils had a few dry slope sessions booked, he was told by his colleagues that all good skiers wore shin pads in their booots for added comfort. Needless to say after 15mins he was suffering somewhat!!

Much to the hilarity of the kids and his mates who were watching and in on the joke, he said to the instructor "I know it might be wrong, but can I take my shin pads off, my boots are killing me!!"
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, I bet you ride a bike with skinny tyres Twisted Evil
latest report
I too used to suffer from blistered shins - not any longer - I give them a good shave before I go. Though I have to admit, it still freeks me out! wink
snow report
agavin, so do I. Although, you didn't see the blisters. Not pretty.

Martin Nicholas, you have wimpy hair (or your boots are too loose?)

parlor, I have shaved just the patches I need. For the moment...

marc gledhill, nope. I still quite like skinny skis though. And Kate Moss.
ski holidays
parlor, I like the Compeed suggestion.

David Murdoch cheaper and less painful than DIY waxing kits.
ski holidays
David Murdoch, there's a product advertised in one of this month's ski mags called something Angel, which I think is for just your problem. I'll have a look when I get home and see if I can find it.
latest report
Found it - they're called Ski Angels, and are gel pads that go between your socks and legs, from ski-angel.com. So you can go back to having hairy masculine legs again (unless you've got used to shaving them wink The trouble is, they grow back stubbly Sad
snow conditions
Ken Lingwood, that's evil Twisted Evil . The teacher who goes skiing from my old school is an enthusiast and has been skiing for probably well over 20 years. No such pranks on him rolling eyes
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:
I still quite like skinny skis though. And Kate Moss.

Well you can stuff Kate down one boot but how will you protect your other shin. Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
I don't care what any of you say, it worked. Happy
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Big wall climbers in the States tape up their hands for jamming the long routes - shaving is often done first as ripping tape off the backs afterwards would hurt a little.
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Good, I'm glad it worked for you Very Happy
latest report
David Murdoch, Mr Manda has been shaving his legs for longer than I've known him. Started with mt biking, and now he refuses to allow the stubble to return on the basis that it's too itchy. Which it is. Mind you I love it on the day of a shave. Mmmmmm. Er hem. Laughing Embarassed Hate the between-shaves stubble, tho. And the ring of hair around the bathtub.

To be honest, I'd recommend waxing. It's not as painful as you'd think, and you only have to do the small bits on your lower limbs where your boots rub.

You don't have to be in the shower to wax. Or cut yourself.

And you don't have to do it every bluddy day.

Also, you can do it yourself (if exposing your hairy shins to a beautician puts you off).

And - MOST importantly - it'll grow back without being itchy, and without looking like you've been shaved.

NB Mr Manda ain't the first bloke I've met to have a fixation with leg folicle removal - it's not uncommon amoungst other cyclists and triathletes too.

Happy depilitation! Laughing
snow conditions
I shave my head Confused
latest report
Scarpa, Why do I not find that surprising Confused
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, so which side of the cheese grater do you prefer?
snow report
I think I'm in better company than I expected...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy